When life gets tough, there is hope

I'm not saying this to get attention, but to show you guys, there is hope when things get rough.... cause, they will. We have a great community here and support is always helpful.

May11th @ 0615 I was driving out to the range to meet a friend to shoot. I had just left the house 10 minutes prior, told the wife I loved her and handed her a protein shake on the couch(she was big into crossfit). Got down the road and she calls saying something is really wrong in her head ... we prayed on the phone... she said "I'm dying" and she dropped the phone. I got home about a minute later to find her convulsing. Called 911 and sat in the hospital with her for 5 days till I had to disconnect her from lifesupport on May 15th. She had a pontine stroke which isn't good and she never woke up.

A lot went on in those 5 days, but it would make the post a few pages. She was a christian and loved God. I was a "christian" but not where I should have been. Thru those 12 weeks till now, I have been broken and had all sorts of thoughts because I loved her more than anything. God took me from a very dark place to wanting to bless others and help them thru this kind of junk. Point is, when you hit your breaking point, which I definitely did, God loves you. I'm here if anyone is having suicidal thoughts or whatever.View attachment 206116
I was working out of town back 2008 when I got a call from the ER that my wife had suffered a heart attack and she was being transferred to the heart hospital for surgery that night. After driving all night, I have arrived at the hospital as she was coming out of the OR and would be in recovery for a few hours. I found a bench to stretch out on and got a two hour nap before going to her room. Ten years later my wife has another heart attack and more of the same surgery again at the heart hospital. Out lives have changed in ways that make us happy to see another sunrise and sunset, so take time to smell the rose's for tomorrow may not come. If we both make it to next spring we will have 30 years together and I wish for 30 more, knowing it will not happen. So kiss your love ones when you leave for work and take time for the little things in life, for one day all we will have are the memory's.
My condolences on your loss.

Ace

Life deals us many hardships but losing your life partner is absolute and changes you in so many ways. LRH has become a remote family for many of us and when one of us feels the pain that Mram10us is now feeling, it hits home for all of us. I am lucky, my wife is still with me and each day I wake up wondering until I see her up and about. She is aware of your loss and cannot fathom it as well since she knows the battle she went through for her to survive. She feels for you in the deepest way as well.

We share your loss, your pain and although I do not know you personally I feel like I know you from the depth of your posts. I wish I could just sit down with you, clink a bourbon with you and just look out onto the landscape.

I see your internal strength and character and it will lead you down the path to healing.
All the best,

I have no words that could express my pain in my heart for all of you suffering from loss of loved ones. The good Lord has bee good to me and the reason I still get out of bed everyday. I will keep all of you in my prayers. I have been in a dark hole before and still visit from time to time. I go at it alone as not wanting to burden others or appear weak. We all need a hand up from time to time.
God's blessing, peace and love to all!

I have no words that could express my pain in my heart for all of you suffering from loss of loved ones. The good Lord has bee good to me and the reason I still get out of bed everyday. I will keep all of you in my prayers. I have been in a dark hole before and still visit from time to time. I go at it alone as not wanting to burden others or appear weak. We all need a hand up from time to time.
God's blessing, peace and love to all!
So many times I've been in that dark hole you mention. The definition of being completely desperate becomes a reality when there's no way out, no one who can help you, nothing can help you, but The Lord Jesus has been there and done that for us. He's already won the Victory for us. All we need to do to be able to claim that Victory he has won for us is to ask him to forgive us of ours sins and accept him into our heart. He has saw me through when I didn't have an ounce of faith, when I thought he had forgot about me, He didn't forget. He was there all along even though I couldn't see, feel, or hear him. When I though I had been completely abandoned and wrote off by everyone including Him. I've been fortunate that he showed me some of the reasons for the things I went through. Job truly had faith and never strayed like many of us including myself do when going through these trials. All Job wanted to know was what the reason was for his trails. When Job asked God, God asked Job a series of questions that Job could not answer. Such as: Were you here when I laid the foundations of the earth?" It was then that Job realized that he didn't have to know why God does what ever it is he does but all that is required is the Faith that all things work together for the Good of those who love the Lord. He will never leave you, nor forsake you. Even if we think he has forsaken us.

I think you touched all of us here very deeply. Thank you for that as my faith lately has taken a great leap forward in the past year. I commend all who commented, and wish you and all the family here in our sport the very best.
Maybe your message here was meant for all of us, coming straight from Him.
Thanks,
Bob

Thru this I've learned what blessings came from it. It could have been far worse.
1. I could have been on the road and not able to fix her that shake, tell her I loved her or pray for her on the phone
2. I was able to sit at her bedside 22hrs a day for 5 days, pray for her, hold her hand, kiss her face and tell her how much I loved her.
3. It was quick and final. The doctors told me there was nothing I could have done, because you know we always ask what we could have done to fix things
4. It changed me in a huge way. I don't hate God for it, I'm thankful she didn't feel pain like some have. Glad she didn't have to see me like that. I always told her that my mom and her have to go first, then I'm good.
Anyway, again, the point of this thread is to let you know God loves you no matter what this sinful world throws at you and there is always hope.

Mram, I read your post Wednesday night and wanted to wait to comment until after I had sat with your loss for a while.

I offer you my heart felt condolences for your loss. I know the pain goes to the core of your being.

May I also offer an observation? By you seeing the blessings in such a tragic situation, one can see the power of faith and strength of God operating in you. Most likely the same qualities that your wonderful bride saw the day she agreed to be your wife.

I imagine she is looking upon you everyday with heavenly Love and Grace knowing that she will forever dwell in your heart. When the air is still and the night is quiet, reach inside to that Holy place where God's grace dwells and take her hand. Walk with her for awhile and share your thoughts and your Love with her. Tell her about your day. The Holy Spirit will surely facilitate this healing communion for you.

You have shown us all your exemplary strength and God will continue to heal and strengthen you in all ways as you move forward, for he is God.

Mram10us, your story mixed with all the honest emotion, pain and love that everyone here has brought to us is a reminder that we are human and sometimes frail. I cried thru all 50 posts. I remembered my wife and companion of 50 years, her pain, my children and grand children's loss, for you, and the others here. I was lost for a long time after. However there is a plan, some call it fate, some chance, but it is God's plan. I had to getup, realize that I had to go on.
I have and life is good. You and so many others have moved on and in doing so you honor the memory and wishes of those we have lost.
Be safe and be well, Tommy.

This was a tough thread to read! I was touched reading all this. it is so good to see that many still have faith when we look out at the world around us going crazy.
To Mram and all the others that have shared their losses may God richly bless you and be a guiding light to your every footstep. We dont know what tomorrow holds but we know who holds tomorrow. It is all in his plan.

Thru this I've learned what blessings came from it. It could have been far worse.
1. I could have been on the road and not able to fix her that shake, tell her I loved her or pray for her on the phone
2. I was able to sit at her bedside 22hrs a day for 5 days, pray for her, hold her hand, kiss her face and tell her how much I loved her.
3. It was quick and final. The doctors told me there was nothing I could have done, because you know we always ask what we could have done to fix things
4. It changed me in a huge way. I don't hate God for it, I'm thankful she didn't feel pain like some have. Glad she didn't have to see me like that. I always told her that my mom and her have to go first, then I'm good.
Anyway, again, the point of this thread is to let you know God loves you no matter what this sinful world throws at you and there is always hope.
Love you for your message Mram

there is hope when things get rough....

May11th @ 0615 I was driving out to the range to meet a friend to shoot. I had just left the house 10 minutes prior, told the wife I loved her
[\QUOTE]

I am glad for you that you were able to say "I love you" to her just prior.
Too many times guys forget to tell their spouse "I love you" and then something happens and they have to deal with the nagging guilty that they missed a chance to say it.
I'm glad that Christ has been sufficient to comfort you and you are closer to Him now.

Last edited:
there is hope when things get rough.....

May11th @ 0615 I was driving out to the range to meet a friend to shoot. I had just left the house 10 minutes prior, told the wife I loved her

I am glad for you that you were able to say "I love you" to her just prior.
Too many times guys forget to tell their spouse "I love you" and then something happens and they have to deal with the nagging guilty that they missed a chance to say it.
I'm glad that Christ has been sufficient to comfort you and you are closer to Him now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.