When is the rut in North Arkansas

davewilson

a friend i work with is planning a hunt in N. Arkansas. wanted to know when the rut would peak and the best buck movement would be for that neck of the woods.

The end of the first week to second week of gun season, about Nov. 12-16 or so is the peak of the rut, but our warm fall weather can screw that up at times, making it less predictable than up North. This is when I have killed most of my larger bucks with a rifle.

The first muzzleloader season in North AR (late Oct) is during the chase period & you will see alot of young Bucks & Does. The part of the bow season between the first MZ. season & gun season is good as well.

PM me for more info if you wish.

Dave , the rut is usually

a friend i work with is planning a hunt in N. Arkansas. wanted to know when the rut would peak and the best buck movement would be for that neck of the woods.

in the fall . About always it comes in the fall . If you want to know the "times for the absolute best time to be in the woods guaranteed to kill the biggest bucks ever " just send a blank check signed and made out to me .

I will be sure and send you my bestest guess of when you can kill a .............. deer !

Lazzeroni.gif

all in fun Dave , I trust you know that . On a serious note , let me know when you will be in state as I have friends both north and south and they keep their ear close to the ground as regards buck movements . You can also get a steak dinner at my hacienda just by calling / emailing ahead of time .

Jim B.,

Jim, thanks for the offer but i won't be coming out there. a buddy i work with is hunting for free on a ranch with a couple of his friends. if i ever get in your neck i'll give you a shout. never stayed in one of those hacienda things!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.