When is the Best Time to Buy Cabelas Hunting Clothes?

andrews1958

I am getting ready to buy the Cabelas coat and bibs listed below. I do not want to go out and spends 100's and then find out they will be marked further down on a future sale. How do you know about upcoming sales? From past history does their hunting clothes get marked down after the season? After the holidays? Any help with their sales strategy would be greatly appreciated.

Cabela's Men's MT050® Whitetail Extreme® Parka with ScentLok, Thinsulate™ and GORE-TEX® – Regular : Cabela's

destination=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%Cabela's Men's MT050® Whitetail Extreme Bibs with ScentLok® and GORE-TEX® : Cabela's

I was kinda wondering the same thing. With all the rumors that Bass Pro is buying Cabelas, will all the Cabelas marked stuff be moved out??
I can't see Bass Pro selling anything that says Cabelas on it.

My issue with Cabelas is two things. One, everything they sell is stencilled or embroidered with a Cabelas logo and Two, it's mostly made offshore.

I think (personally), anything logo'd Cabelas should be always inexpensive because you 'advertise' for them for free and...

I don't care for clothing made in some third world hovel and sold at an inflated price.

Buy Sitka from len, right here on this site or Kuku from Jason.

For me, there is no 'best time' anytime is no good time.... JMO.

Having said that, I do have a Cabelas hunting coat in the closet. It was a gift. It's too heavy for my taste so it hangs there. Probably will toss it to Goodwill at some point.

Only a matter of time before Cabelas gets sold or goes belly up. Their marketing philosophy is flawed and there is way too much competition today. Only the strong survive and Cabeals isn't 'strong'.

Wait till after the new year as they put a lot of stuff on sale/clearance to make room for next years stock, at least they did last year.

Wait till after the new year as they put a lot of stuff on sale/clearance to make room for next years stock, at least they did last year.

They will do the same this year and / or put it in the Bargain Cave....

I bought a suede leather coat in the cave that had a tiny dirt mark on the sleeve (that my wife removed with suede cleaner) for 150 bucks. It had an original price tag in the lapel of 700 bucks. That coat and me went out of the store...together.

Not everything at Cabelas is priced right, in fact, most things are overpriced so it pays to play the sales.

I live about 3 miles from their Largest store so it's like a magnetic draw for me....lol

Needless to say, I have a Cabelas Black Visa (25K or better a year spend....:))

My issue with Cabelas is two things. One, everything they sell is stencilled or embroidered with a Cabelas logo and Two, it's mostly made offshore.

I think (personally), anything logo'd Cabelas should be always inexpensive because you 'advertise' for them for free and...

I don't care for clothing made in some third world hovel and sold at an inflated price.

Buy Sitka from len, right here on this site or Kuku from Jason.

For me, there is no 'best time' anytime is no good time.... JMO.

Having said that, I do have a Cabelas hunting coat in the closet. It was a gift. It's too heavy for my taste so it hangs there. Probably will toss it to Goodwill at some point.

Only a matter of time before Cabelas gets sold or goes belly up. Their marketing philosophy is flawed and there is way too much competition today. Only the strong survive and Cabeals isn't 'strong'.

sidecarflip , I just went through this and I was disgusted . I think every brand puts their logo on the product . I was looking for a new coat this past fall , heck most of them are lettered up like a nascar racing suit . I ended up buying from Cabalas . their logo is small on a chest pocket flap , and it blend in .

OP , just keep watching the sales . lately I get sales fliers and cataloges almost weekly .

Last edited:
Cabelas reminds me of the NRA. They produce so much advertising mail (that goes to the landfill) it's borders on crazy. They need to save their money, put less junk in landfills and pass the savings on to the consumer...us.

I'm good for at least one mailing from the NRA and Cabelas every week...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.