When is Berger going to.....

Fast twist barrels are a non issue. There are three barrel makers that I can think of right now that offers 7 - 8 - 9 twist for 25 and 27 cals.

We all know that, but to supply a bullet for those who buy one of these custom tubes only is a rather small market for a company like Berger to offer, especially when they have trouble meeting demand with what they have. That's why I mentioned perhaps they could offer a 125gr. or so that would still be stable in a 25-06 or faster round with a 1-10. To get more specialized is asking a lot from a volume company like Berger, maybe not so much from a co. like JLK, Cutting, etc.

We all know that, but to supply a bullet for those who buy one of these custom tubes only is a rather small market for a company like Berger to offer, especially when they have trouble meeting demand with what they have. That's why I mentioned perhaps they could offer a 125gr. or so that would still be stable in a 25-06 or faster round with a 1-10. To get more specialized is asking a lot from a volume company like Berger, maybe not so much from a co. like JLK, Cutting, etc.

I they build them, we will buy.

He has said in the past that they plan on doing the .375 and .408 bullets... .375 designs are supposedly in the works already.. If they do the .375 and .408 I can't see them not doing a design for the .510.. :)gun)

This is what I've been asking them to build for a while. Come up with a .257 130 Hybrid or something that will still stabilize in a 1:10" twist for the faster 1/4-bores, like my .25-06 AI, and if/when I build another .257 Wby...

I can remember when Berger didn't have a single offering in the .277 caliber back in 07-08. Now they have 5 offerings...I'd say they're doing good.

This is what I've been asking them to build for a while. Come up with a .257 130 Hybrid or something that will still stabilize in a 1:10" twist for the faster 1/4-bores, like my .25-06 AI, and if/when I build another .257 Wby...

From a business perspective it isn't smart to build a bullet that will only work for custom barrels if those aren't match calibers. Competitive shooters tend to shoot way more than the average Joe and there is almost no love for .25's in competitive shoot sports. I think the only way you'd see a heavier .25 is if the factories start making 1 in 9" or 1 in 8" barrel or there is some new found love for .25's in competitive shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.