When is Berger going to.....

Long Time Reader

...conduct some research and development on 25 cal and 27 cal bullets?

The 115 gr 25 cal offering is great but how about a 122 gr and a 129 gr? Maybe a 131 gr and a 137 gr?

It's kind of a risky investment for them to develop a 25 cal. You'd really have to hope folks would start replacing barrels with faster twist versions when they come out with a super high BC bullet.

The 277 170 grain EOL was also kind of a "leap of faith" for Berger to develop. It's an awesome bullet, I wonder how sales are doing on that?

It's kind of a risky investment for them to develop a 25 cal. You'd really have to hope folks would start replacing barrels with faster twist versions when they come out with a super high BC bullet.

The 277 170 grain EOL was also kind of a "leap of faith" for Berger to develop. It's an awesome bullet, I wonder how sales are doing on that?

Yea, the 25 Cal is risky but if you stop at 125 gr. or so I think it would work in the fast 25's (25-06 pushed hard-257 Wea.) & I think the market is there for that, though maybe not enough for them to be confident in the initial investment. I bought some 125 Wildcats back in the day and they sure did great with my Sendero 25-06AI.

Fast twist barrels are a non issue. There are three barrel makers that I can think of right now that offers 7 - 8 - 9 twist for 25 and 27 cals.

Fast twist barrels are a non issue. There are three barrel makers that I can think of right now that offers 7 - 8 - 9 twist for 25 and 27 cals.

morning, I had built a 257STW. shoots 100gr Accu-bonds in .400. 82gr. of longshot

mag. powder. 215P. 7mmbrass STW brass necked to .257. 3800fps. sako action

27.5 McGowen barrel. sight at 200yrds. hold flat on at 500yrds. lightning strike.

very little recoil. glass bedded. factory sako stock.gun)gun)

I noticed with the 170s there hasn't been a BC revision (as far as I'm aware) like there was with the 195gr EH in 7mm... Might be too early for live fire testing to show a discrepancy, maybe they got it right the first time on this one, I don't know.....gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.