When I hunted four crows in three minutes.(video)

Egyptian sniper

I still can't believe what happened that day. I hunted four crows in three minutes. All crows were standing in the same place!! Are they stupid or want to commit suicide? I wondered.

Crows are smart. After shooting the first crow, crows began shouting in order to summon their brothers. But for what?. For suicide or something else? I really don't know.

Watch the video and tell me what you think.

If they are like American crows, they will come to a wounded call like fat boys to Twix. Many years ago, we hunted them with shotguns over decoys, and we used a crippled crow call to bring in the first ones. Once we had a real cripple on the ground, we would bring him to the blind and let him scream. Soon, we would be surrounded by screaming crows diving our blind.

Once, we underestimated the intensity, persistence and the numbers of crows, and we ran out of shells. With a couple more cripples on the ground screaming, it became an Alfred Hitchcock movie and a little concerning.

Great video and shooting.....just curious if there are a bunch of people wondering why there are so many crows dying at that place....diseased....;)..

Yep...been there with the crippled on the ground...
also just calling to get a couple crows from other trees to come to me...under estimated how many were around....there ended up being 100 or more..a bunch landed in the tree above me..some on the ground..but a bunch in the sky going nutso.......so many that I actually didn't even shoot....just enjoyed the situation.....

Great Video ES!

You haven't posted in a while.
Thanks, Language is the reason.
Great video and shooting.....just curious if there are a bunch of people wondering why there are so many crows dying at that place....diseased....;)..

Yep...been there with the crippled on the ground...
also just calling to get a couple crows from other trees to come to me...under estimated how many were around....there ended up being 100 or more..a bunch landed in the tree above me..some on the ground..but a bunch in the sky going nutso.......so many that I actually didn't even shoot....just enjoyed the situation.....
Thanks, you have the strength of observation. I was hiding among the trees so no one saw me, some people were confused by the fall of crows.
If we open the door to crows hunting, our ammunition will run out and we will do nothing effective.

If they are like American crows, they will come to a wounded call like fat boys to Twix. Many years ago, we hunted them with shotguns over decoys, and we used a crippled crow call to bring in the first ones. Once we had a real cripple on the ground, we would bring him to the blind and let him scream. Soon, we would be surrounded by screaming crows diving our blind.

Once, we underestimated the intensity, persistence and the numbers of crows, and we ran out of shells. With a couple more cripples on the ground screaming, it became an Alfred Hitchcock movie and a little concerning.
I think the behavior of crows is the same everywhere. Crows have strong sympathy.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.