When hunting, what do you use for a front rest?

For 'yote hunting it's the long Harris. I can't remember the height, but it telescopes long enough to sit on your rear & shoot... shot a buck or two this way also... have a Harris 9-13 swivel style also that has worked well.

I just got my first Atlas... I am in LOVE. QD style... now I have to consider updating all of my rifles to a Pic rail on the forend!

BTW, they are making new feet for the Atlas in case those of you who use them didn't know, looks kinda like a spike sticking out there. Designed to create better holds in hard dirt, snow,ice ect....

Outlaw, Thast is what I have been doing. The Seeking SRS RAIL is nice w/ sling hole built in, lower profile. I have set my Atlas up in a log jamb to shoot from, being able to move legs both directions.

Outlaw, Thast is what I have been doing. The Seeking SRS RAIL is nice w/ sling hole built in, lower profile. I have set my Atlas up in a log jamb to shoot from, being able to move legs both directions.

I haven't seen that rail yet, better look into it. Being able to move the legs like that holds a LOT of value to me. These things are really bad a$#, I'm running it on a McRees stock right now, it came with a rail section to bolt on.... Thanks for the heads up on the rail, you have me curious now... If you have a pic post it or PM it to me!

I haven't seen that rail yet, better look into it. Being able to move the legs like that holds a LOT of value to me. These things are really bad a$#, I'm running it on a McRees stock right now, it came with a rail section to bolt on.... Thanks for the heads up on the rail, you have me curious now... If you have a pic post it or PM it to me!
Just goole Seeking, then look at SRS, GOOD for a more average type hunting stock

Just goole Seeking, then look at SRS, GOOD for a more average type hunting stock

Lol... So, you can imagine my surprise when I Google Seeking & come up with an investment sight.... no wonder i've never heard of it! lol

Seekins is good stuff, now that i've heard of... :D

For 40 years I used logs, rocks, trees, my elbow, knee, window and various other high tech rests. I now use a Harris Bipod, the shorter one. Takes the stress out of looking for the right stump!

I have had my son out quite a bit. I was working threw timber,saw elk fur , dropped to my knees, pointing. And the barrel slid up on my shoulder, elk was motionless, looking over his shoulder,and I WAITED........As bull spun out I saw he was 6 on one side. My boy never picked him out until to late, he was right on break of the ridge. Has worked other times. I had a tag in my pack

When in a treestand, facing tree type, I screw in ladder holders on both sides of tree for a forearm rest. then I can shoot with just my one hand, I NEVER lay a hand on the scope or barrel or any other part of the gun. but as a rule of thumb anything is better than nothin!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.