When do you stop chasing accuracy?

I have the exact same rifle, got it this spring. It's my favorite rifle to date. And it hate, hate, hates hornady 143 ELDX. I shot a three round, three inch group, as fast as I could jack a shell in at 707 yards last week. It's running 2907 fps with 58 grains of H1000 and 156 Bergers. I'm gonna tweek a few things but seriously for me its shooting gold compared to other rigs I have.-WW
H1000 wow that stuff is like burning gold these days! It's been really hard for me to find any to try in my 7stw.

I like to be able to put all my shots into a 1 moa target at 100 yards. I like to see several 3 shot groups do this. Once it does then I take it to distance and then it's time to hunt. One other thing to mention is it's gotta do it day in and day out. Not just once in awhile. This is my requirements for my long range hunting rifles.

You may have shots outside of the moa circle eventually but I hope for it to not be very often and not far out. Shooter error, load issues ect. Nothing's perfect all the time.

We're trying for the highest probability of a good shot but there's never a guarantee. Not ever.
I once bought a 25 -6 caliber barrel from midway for $130. I had it rechambered to 257 Weatherby and installed it on a Savage.

I took it to the range and fired one shot each day for 6 days. The group was barely over 1 1/16". In the argument of accuracy and precision , it was right or I wanted it .

H1000 wow that stuff is like burning gold these days! It's been really hard for me to find any to try in my 7stw.
I bought 3 pounds last on Tuesday. Small gun shop in Illinois has some. They had a pretty decent stock of powder. If anyone wants their info let me know.

Recent Posts