When are gun manufacturers going to get it?

I think a few of you may have misunderstood what I'm saying. I get a 20-in barrel I get a 22-in barrel I get a 24-in barrel. Why aren't they all coming threaded cuz you know someone's throwing a can/suppressor on it. Why are you calling it long range? Technically that would fall under the tactical category or specific use. Why is the magazine box so small? Someone said it, 300 PRC. I have a Bagarbage that I bought when they first came out that factory ammo doesn't fit in it and It jams, so I sent it back. They told me there's nothing wrong with it. Technically not a cheap rifle when you can go buy a savage for $5-600 vs $1400 I do have custom rifles,I have semi-custom rifles most of them are topped with scopes that cost over $1,000 helI I got a Ruger American that has $1,000 scope on it, some of them are topped with scopes that cost over $2,000 and more. A few guys keep saying that manufacturers do get it but they cater to what sells and the general public the masses, I understand that too. Gunworks business started small best of the West those guys are all multimillionaires I've talked to them personally due to the niche market. I think the niche market or boutique market is more than 5% it has to be or they wouldn't be millionaires some of it's cuz some people have more money than brains. I also get that most people are boneheads or don't know what they're talking about or let alone what they're doing. On the flip side the price keeps going up and up I remember when I bought my first Remington 700 right next to the colt AR-15 that I picked up for $230 bucks at a longs drugs when I was 18 years old it was $385 in 300 win mag and it has a 24" barrel and I thought that was a lot of money, the wood on that gun is better than the wood that comes on the new ones. They must know what's going on cuz everything in the new fad is long-range max, long-range hunter, long-range, then make it for long-range especially for the price you're charging when they first came out the Remington 700 long range was $1000 I literally bought one at sportsman's for my nephew last year for $400 on Christmas sale someone's losing some profit then.
I guess what I'm getting at is, The price keeps going up and the advantages or what they're trying to sell you is only a touch better than what it was 20 years ago. They do listen and cater to the general market with chassis guns and what they call a higher end gun with the new carbon fiber barrel craze He!! There's also the cheap gun craze Ruger American,Savage axis, T/C compass.

like I said I answered my own question. I appreciate your guys's input as always and Thank you and sorry for the rambling.

Saw an ad today for a Springfield Waypoint bolt action. $2400. For a 20" barrel???? Cmon man!!!
If you planning to hunt and take game in the sub 550 yd range do you need a 26"+ barrel? I am asking becuase I really want to know. I am debating this with myself now as I begin plans to get a new rifle to carry into the mountains and fields. Especially if I throw a can on it a 22" barrel seems to be about perfect and I would only be giving up 120 fps over 26" barrel.

I think the niche market or boutique market is more than 5% it has to be or they wouldn't be millionaires some of it's cuz some people have more money than brains.

I agree with everything you say, but the 5% thing. If you think about it, 5% of a niche market is still a lot. There's 330 million Americans, estimates say 100 million to 150 million are gun owners. Let's be safe and say 100 million Americans are gun owners. So at 5% that's still 5 million niche gun owners. I shoot with a lot of people and have seen a lot of custom guns. I have never seen a full custom gunwerks rifle. I would say they are the .1% of the 5%. That's why they charge 18 million dollars per rifle.:);)

My ideal rifle is accurate, lightweight, and comfortable to shoot. So a Weatherby MV Backcountry in 280AI. Sub 6 lb and 24" barrel. Unfortunately has a threaded barrel and a 2" brake, which I don't want or need.

If you planning to hunt and take game in the sub 550 yd range do you need a 26"+ barrel? I am asking becuase I really want to know. I am debating this with myself now as I begin plans to get a new rifle to carry into the mountains and fields. Especially if I throw a can on it a 22" barrel seems to be about perfect and I would only be giving up 120 fps over 26" barrel.
No you don't need it 26-in barrel, for what I do It works out good I love all of my 28" barrels I also live in Nevada not a whole lot of trees to contend with and I can shoot a deer up to 1 mi. if I wanted to. A 20-in barrel works fine especially with a can you pick up a little more velocity a little more weight on the front of the gun. It is what works for you and what you want.

I agree with everything you say, but the 5% thing. If you think about it, 5% of a niche market is still a lot. There's 330 million Americans, estimates say 100 million to 150 million are gun owners. Let's be safe and say 100 million Americans are gun owners. So at 5% that's still 5 million niche gun owners. I shoot with a lot of people and have seen a lot of custom guns. I have never seen a full custom gunwerks rifle. I would say they are the .1% of the 5%. That's why they charge 18 million dollars per rifle.:);)
You're probably right! I do happen to be very fortunate and a lot of the people I know do shoot long range ((now))and a lot of them aren't willing to wait that would be the more money than brains part and the don't practice enough they buy gunwerks, red Rock precision and best of the West. I will say I am getting a Revik PMR to add to my collection, Thank you Gunwerks.

I also like really heavy guns 10 to 13 lbs. is perfect I can pack it all day easy for me to shoot in almost every shooting situation that I will encounter a lot of it has to do with preference. At 6'3" and 265lbs 10%BF and a freak for physical conditioning and fitness most all of it is easy for me.

I also like really heavy guns 10 to 13 lbs. is perfect I can pack it all day easy for me to shoot in almost every shooting situation that I will encounter a lot of it has to do with preference. At 6'3" and 265lbs 10%BF and a freak for physical conditioning and fitness most all of it is easy for me.
With that build, just run up and tackle it :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.