When are gun manufacturers going to get it?

greatwhitehntr

Why can't the major manufacturers get it right? Better B.C. bullets in all calibers and fast twist barrels and better length barrels. I mean come on. 20" creedmoor barrel should be threaded for a CAN. What do you think they are gonna put on it. Stop calling it a western long-range hunter or a long-range hunter when you build a 300 win mag with a 24-in or even worse 22-in barrel go ahead and put on a 26-in minimum threaded with a one and nine, one and eight twist. When are they going to get it? What are your guy's thoughts? Am I asking for too much? I mean the prices keep going up but I can't buy what I want without having it custom built which is what I have to do.

Some people don't even know that trying to sight in while mixing boxes of 150s and 180s is going to make things... um... interesting!. "But its all winchester ammo". Not a surprise that the companies don't give us what we want. They give us what they can sell. Have you listened to a radio station lately? From hip hop to country most of its trash. Wow I sound like a curmudgeon. Hey though, gunsmiths need to eat too.

Last edited:
Why can't the major manufacturers get it right? Better B.C. bullets in all calibers and fast twist barrels and better length barrels. I mean come on. 20" creedmoor barrel should be threaded for a CAN. What do you think they are gonna put on it. Stop calling it a western long-range hunter or a long-range hunter when you build a 300 win mag with a 24-in or even worse 22-in barrel go ahead and put on a 26-in minimum threaded with a one and nine, one and eight twist. When are they going to get it? What are your guy's thoughts? Am I asking for too much? I mean the prices keep going up but I can't buy what I want without having it custom built which is what I have to do.

I do not want to misconstrue your point but you kinda unloaded a whole lot. What exactly are wanting to build that you think you have to go custom-built? There are full-custom and semi-custom/DIY, i.e. Savage actions/Remage.

I have a 6.5 CM TC Compass that I won from a raffle for $20. It can be had for $270 with a rebate, https://www.smga.com/thompson-center/tc-compass-ii-65-cm-blk-8348

6.5 CM  TC Compass.jpg

6.5 CM deer season XP 3-shot at 200 yards.jpg

(3-shot group with factory ammo at 200 yards).

I guess to make my point a little more clear. I was in a meeting and I was not paying attention to the meeting cuz they were very redundant. Some manufacturers are starting to pick up on it Browning being one of them, not a big fan of browning. You call it a long-range rifle yet you build a seven mag with a one and nine twist and a 24-inch barrel when I have one built the bare minimum I'm going to go with is a 26-in 8 twist threaded. The BC's on bullets everybody wants to get into the long range game yet they keep charging more and the BCs are staying the same I understand supply and demand The price keeps going up on all these guns and bullets but nothing is truly changing a savage ultra light now has a proof research barrel on it They put some lightning flutes or whatever you want to call them in the action and it's still a crappy stock yet you want 1500 bucks for it

Go ahead and wish. Even if the factories do come around it will not shoot like a gun a good smith puts together. I guarantee it.

I have no problem spending money never have,buy once cry once, it's only money I'll make more of it. I look at seekins and then it has a shorter barrel on it. Maybe I'm screwed up to me and most of the people I talk to and know the long-range game is to prepare us for hunting most hunting guns and most people I know that shoot long range with a long-range rifle have that thing ramped up as high as they can generally go safely and where the ES is still below 15 over 5 rounds and consistent. A easier way to get more speed is add two more inches of barrel a longer magazine box. I guess now that I look back at my posts I answered my own question. I need to stop looking at factory guns and just have more remages and semi customs built/full customs built

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.