Wheeler FAT wrench digital or analog????

I've used the Wheeler analog, an older Sears analog inch pound and Fix-It Sticks. Prefer the Fix It Sticks hands down. After 11 Scope installs, last 4 with the Sticks, using the Fix It Sticks have been true and IMHO are much easier. Quick, problem free and dead on. Knock On Wood So Far. So I'll stick with the Fix It Sticks.

I own both Wheelers and perfer the analog. I can hardly hear the digital version. I did not know I could look at the display while using it until I read this blog, so I am going to give the digital another try when mounting my new CT 3X18.
Just make sure you set it to a live readout, and it shows what you are at as you torque up

I believe the vortex is 50 inch pounds some applications are 55 but it works quite well for me. The one I read about in a recent post only goes up to 40 which sometimes is definitely not enough for some applications on firearms

I have the vortex and love it. Sold the fat boi the same day. It says 50 on mine but tops out at 56, says 10 but bottoms out at 4.
I tested it against a friends high end wrench and it was 0.5 low at 55 and 0.5 high at 5. Les than 0.25 off between 10 and 50.

It doesn't like being set between 1lb intervals. Not that I need 25.25lb vs 25lb.

Recent Posts