What's Your next Rifle Build? (Just for Fun!)

I'll play!

Savage 110 with flat rear receiver.
7mm Rem Mag Shilen blued heavy sporter barrel with 1:9 twist
B&C Medalist stock with full length aluminum bedding
Timney trigger
Vortex Razor HD LHT scope

I was given a 2-4 month lead time on the barrel since I wanted it blued, so that's the long pole in the tent right now. (The guy I bought it from said he had received exact spec except in stainless earlier that morning... man I was tempted!)

I'm going elk hunting this year with my cousin and some of his coworkers.

Lots of good builds in here!
I am finishing up my 7mag build (tikka) and I have a shillen 65creed my dad (cnc machinist) tapered, fluted and PVD coated for me! Shoots Barnes lrx and tsx into one hole! Hits1200y with eldx no prob (get the ratchet rifling)

What is better? (Assuming all fast twist)
6creed
243ai
6xc
Just finished my, Varmint / Target, 9 pound, 6XC,.. oh my, does it,.. "shoot" !
24" Heavy Sporter, Criterion Barrel, 1-7.5 Twist, sub 1/2 MOA with, 80 grain, Varmint Bullets and one ragged hole, in the 3's with 108 gr., Elite Hunters, on my 2nd try of, load Tuning !
The 6 Creed, .243 Win and 243 AI are all, "Barrel Burner's", compared to, the XC,.
I do have, a .243 Win Tikka for Deer / Antelope, Hunting @ 7.5 pounds, "all up" and it shoots, almost as good !
But, I won't shoot it enough, to burn the bbl out .

Last edited:
I've had my eye on the xc ever since I heard the developer of the round explain it and how it was also made to work well in magazines for prs

It's a solid choice, I have a 6-250 AI that is flat out awesome with 107s, the single easiest cartridge that I have ever loaded for. The capacity is very close to the xc so that is part of the reason that I chose it.

It's a solid choice, I have a 6-250 AI that is flat out awesome with 107s, the single easiest cartridge that I have ever loaded for. The capacity is very close to the xc so that is part of the reason that I chose it.
I know the 6XC is a 22-250 reamer run into a 243 barrel but stopped not all the way in and then the throat done separate that's what the developer said

I am finishing up my 7mag build (tikka) and I have a shillen 65creed my dad (cnc machinist) tapered, fluted and PVD coated for me! Shoots Barnes lrx and tsx into one hole! Hits1200y with eldx no prob (get the ratchet rifling)
I've got a 270W and 260 Rem from Shilen already and love them. I don't think they are the ratcheted rifling though.

No need, to Ream the 6 XC's Throat separately There are GOOD Reamers, out there !
Mines got, a .104 Freebore, .275 dia Neck and I shoot, Norma Brass with, Forster Dies,.. Easy Peasy !
Neck mic's over, the Loaded Bullet @ .271 dia with Norma Brass
The 6 XC has, gone through, a lot of changes, so watch, the Reamer pick, closely !
Love,.. mine !

I didn't build it, or even order the specific components, but I did find it and couldn't resist.....should be in my hands within a week or so...
-6mm CM
-Tuebor titanium action
-Carbon Six 24", with RedHawk Turbine brake
-Manners carbon stock
-TT Independence Day limited edition trigger
-Hawkins bottom metal w/mag box
-Topped with a S&B Polar 4-16x56

Got 3 in the works

6.5 PRC should be around 7.5-8lb suppressed
- terminus Apollo lite
- Carbon6 20"
- Mesa Precision stock
- Timney trigger
- vx5 3-15x44

6cm
- brux 26" m40
- some flavor of chassis not sure yet
- defiance deviant tactical short action
- Jewell trigger
- sightron 10-50x60/vx5 4-20x52

284 Winchester
- trued 700
- some flavor of chassis
- polished 700 trigger @ 2lbs
- shilen match ss #7 @ 26"
- sightron 10-50x60/vx5 4-20x52

MPA evolution build on my 700 action is being built now. Matrix chassis 27" mtu barrel in 300win with EC tuner and brake. Triggertech diamond trigger and will be using my current burris xtrll 8-40.

I want to know more about 257rob-ai I was thinking 6creed or 243ai cuz why not 6mm bullets are everywhere
For sure. It's on a Ruger action (for sentimental reasons) with a Muller barrel twisted at 1:7. Currently running 110 accubonds at 2950 with ease. Starting a load work up for 131 blackjacks and expect to be pushing them around 29-2950 based on numbers I've seen from a few sources.

7saum / 300wsm switch barrel

Defiance AntiX SA
Paradigm stock
Paradigm barrel w/ 5/8" liner @ 22" for the 300wsm
Paradigm barrel w/ 1/2" liner @ 20" for the 7Saum
Hawkins Hunter DBM + 3rd mag
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10×42

Built as a 7 Saum it'll be a 6.75lb sheep & mountain rifle

Setup with the 300wsm, @ 7.25lb, its my lightweight backpack bear & elk rifle.

I ordered a 22" carbon Bartlein this morning for a new 257 Wby I'm gonna build. They just spun up a 300NM barrel for a Stiller action for me. I have both 300WM and 338LM bolts for it, so I might end up taking the barrel off before I even shoot it. Manners A5 on the way for it.

Recent Posts