What's your favorite portable shooting bench

ltrmc02

I've been interested in building a shooting bench and have been searching around for different designs. I would like something portable as in being able to load it into a pickup bed myself, nothing lite enough for packing and toting any distance. I'm leaning towards something like the BR Pivoting bench by Caldwell Caldwell BR Pivot Premium Shooting Bench Hardwood Top

Have any of you used this bench or this design? If so what do you think about it and if there's something you like better or as good what is it? I'm thinking that regardless of design bench, I'd like an attached seat. I'm currently shooting off a piece of plywood thrown across a small trailer and using a folding chair and always having trouble getting my chair positioned comfortably with that make shift bench.

I will probably just use it on my property for the most part but I would like to be able to move it around and set it up fairly easily.

I am in the process of building one that's portable......if you count hooking it up to your trailer hitch portable. Still in the cutting extra iron off the old utility trailer stage. Will be ambidextrous with an attached, height adjustable seat that will swing from side to side.

I found a set of plans out on the net years ago for a bench call the Booger Bench. I built it for less then $50 and have been using it ever since. It sets in the corner of the garage when I'm not using it. When I need it I just throw it in the back of the pickup and away I go. During the summer it spends most of its time bouncing around in the back of the truck. It has been the best $50 I have ever spent. The link below isn't the original plans, but it's pretty close.

You can change the top to be bigger or for left or right handed shooters. Or make it ambidextrous if you want too. I have even seen them with handles on the bottom to make it easier to carry.

The AnarchAngel : Benchwarming

Jim

DOA tactical is a good portable bench . They make them in different sizes and for left or right handed shooters

I have an original BR Pivot, I don't know if Caldwell changed anything. I also have a Big Shooter, very similar to the BR but all steel construction. Both pretty nice benches very stable.

02, bought a San Angelo portable several years ago. It has held up well being heavily used by the grandsons and the son. Possibly a bit heavy for smaller users, but very stable and solid. I use the concrete benches at the range or shoot off tripod and prone.

I've been refining this design for a couple years and just started marketing on this forum last week. I think it offers the most bang for the buck anyone could ask. Look at pics and features here.

For Sale - Heart of Texas Silhouette Association

I prefer a separate stool to avoid any movement through the bench. It can be customized with your brand, logo or just about anything you can imagine.
See what you think.

I've been refining this design for a couple years and just started marketing on this forum last week. I think it offers the most bang for the buck anyone could ask. Look at pics and features here.

I prefer a separate stool to avoid any movement through the bench. It can be customized with your brand, logo or just about anything you can imagine.
See what you think.

In the same boat as many here, want a solid shooting platform that is movable

Something that does not require forklift or cranes to move (just joking).

Solution:

Last edited by a moderator:

See what you think.

WLOUDAMY do you have the info for these guys the email in the text doesn't work?

The website is currently being revised but it should be good. If it isnt working, go to windyhillgunclub dot org and look at the for sale page. It's shown there also.
or u can call me. Two54-315-041seven. Wade

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.