Whats your favorite long range rifle ?

Lots of great rifles represented here.
My favorite is a 2 week old Jon Beanland Custom in 7mm RM. Bartlein 26 inch barrel, Bighorn SR3 action McM game warden adj. carbon stock, Trigger Tech, Little Bastard gen 3 brake all topped with a NF NSX 5.5-22 56mm. All in weight 11.5 pounds which is about perfect for me. So far .3 MOA (with H1000 and RL23 in middle of the road loads) this is with less than 50 rounds through it. Can only shoot to 300 now but just under an inch there looks like it will be a real winner when broken in.

Last edited:
My old standby and favorite is a 30-338. It's my third one! First one built on SAKO action, 2nd built on 700 action and my last is a Win 70. All with Lilja barrels and McMilan stocks.
I found all three shot a Speer 160 and nosler 200 to nearly the same zero at 200 yds. Obviously running the 200 around 3075fps and the 160 around 2850. Used the 160 on deer and 200's on elk. Just a great switch bbl with only one bbl!!

Did we just become best freinds!! LOL :D
200 (1).gif

Remington 700 with a 1-8 Benchmark mdm palma
in 6mm Creedmoor. MDT XRS stock and timney trigger. Vortex PST 5-25 scope.
Built it for long range steel, and the occasional coyote/deer.

Attachments

• 3ED16715-0FCE-44E9-91C3-13073F6430D2.jpeg
    3ED16715-0FCE-44E9-91C3-13073F6430D2.jpeg
    717.6 KB · Views: 98
Lots of great rifles represented here.
My favorite is a 2 week old Jon Beanland Custom in 7mm RM. Bartlein 26 inch barrel, Bighorn SR3 action McM game warden adj. carbon stock, Trigger Tech, Little Bastard gen 3 brake all topped with a NF NSX 5.5-22 56mm. All in weight 11.5 pounds which is about perfect for me. So far .3 MOA (with H1000 and RL23 in middle of the road loads) this is with less than 50 rounds through it. Can only shoot to 300 now but just under an inch there looks like it will be a real winner when broken in.

Jon builds fantastic shooters!

ED030F2D-55A1-42D8-A15E-C62E14A2DE9B.jpeg

Jon builds fantastic shooters!

View attachment 194149
Not to mention you could never find a nicer person to deal with. Always answers your calls or texts unless he is in the middle of milling something. The kind of person you can count on to do exactly as he says he will. And man do his rifles shoot! Don't have any animals I have taken with it yet but here is a target I killed yesterday>
Group2.jpg

Last edited:
RBH= RBros Hoth
Hoth being my last name
Thank you Sir. That is a wonderful tribute to you. I know (from your posts) that you have an exceptional collection of RBros rifles. I enjoy your posts in LRH and I "follow" you on LRH. I thought H as in Hunting in contrast to the RBros competition rounds (my mistake). For those following this post, the R Brothers are Travis and Jesse Redell. Here's a link to their amazing rifle making story: https://rbrosrifles.com/about-r-bros/ and Mr. Hoth, you're part of the story :) Thank you again. RR

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts