Whats your favorite long range rifle ?

1F849203-46E5-49C2-BF19-4CE4C4E23C0B.jpeg

Favorite? It all depends on the task at hand.
7rbh or 300 rbh as pictured is a very good combo.
04BFB988-7E4E-4AC8-8BBB-DEF5F8C3E698.jpeg

Then there is my 7saum. It just makes me smile when I shoot it. It's always a favorite

75 MM - gets most things in the blast radius, good out to about 5 miles and you don't have to be pinpoint accurate either. The drawback is shouldering that thing. Ammo gets a little pricey. ;) LOL. Actually my 243 WSSM Winchester 70 Coyote that started life as a 223 WSSM but I changed the barrel to a Douglas XX airguaged 25 inch HV contour in 243 WSSM. No custom receiver or blueprinted bolt just what came from the factory. Douglas mounted the barrel for me at their shop. No school like old school.

Getting the scope dialed in took a minute because one of the turrets were loose. After tightening that,
WSSM 243 (1).jpg
WSSM 243 dime.jpgWSSM 243 (1).jpg it started grouping.

Brass is the same so I can use the old 223 WSSM brass. First test out 0.47 95 grain Win BTip(I was very surprised for a new barrel and factory ammo)@100 yards - 200 - 1/2 inch and I hit the metal 6 inch plate at 300 - I stopped there. I had nothing left to prove to myself. now I'll go work on reloads and tweaking the performance. More accuracy might be beyond my heart beat occasional a-fib and eye sight wearing contacts. The gun is capable. I may not be,
Barrel 3.jpg
Barrel 2.jpg

Attachments

• Barrel 1.jpg
    Barrel 1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
300 Win Mag Custom: Model 700 Rem action blueprinted. Lilja custom barrel. McMillan Remington Hunting Stock. Huskemaw 5-20 x 50mm w/patented turret. Kills on elk & moose to 500 yards. Consistent hits on target w/ multiple shooters at 1400+ yards.
I consider long range to be around 1000yds. That said I have never shot anything but sod poodles at that range. I have however shot deer out to 800 with a 284 Shehane using a Sierra 183 MK CN using 55grs of H4831 at 2860fps. Deer are DRT at any range I've shot so far with that load.

Kirby
Allen 338 Edge , Night force scope,with 300 Gr Bergers, Sub moa. 8 Elk one shot kills out to 800 yards.
Coyotes squirrel : Dave Young custom single shot 6MMBR , night force scope , 80 gr Bergers, great Coyote smacker.

The rest of the toys are safe queens.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.