What's your favorite hunting bow?

My two favorites Matthews Q2XL and Switchback XT, I've had others but keep coming back to these. I quit chasing new bows every year, life is much simpler now.

E78A0D65-1F43-4880-828F-D722CF4F156B.jpeg
Hi guys! What is the bow you use for hunting deer? I have the Bear Archery Camo Cruzer RTH Compound Bow Right Handed I bought online from Full Force Hunting - an aussie store.
2013 Hoyt carbon element

Last edited:
Old thread, but since it's archery elk season.... I'll play. Mathews new VXR 31.5. Smooth, quiet and fast. I struggled with my grip for a while (I was taught to have minimal contact with a grip). Now that I'm shooting almost a full vertical palm grip, it's driving tacks

My favorite bow is the bow in my hands. I prefer the grip on a bowtech, draw of a hoyt, the back wall on a bowtech, the valley on the hoyt, the speed of the pse, the sound of the Mathews, the wieght of the carbons for packing, the wieght of the aluminum for shooting..... so on and so forth. Tough choices between lots of great choices, good problem to have. Good luck with it, you'll like what you get.

Nocked and ready for the Bull bugling not so far away.
Stotler Medalist Recurve that I build back when I still owned and operated Stotler Archery.
My Son is up ahead set up for a shot that did not happen. Typical N. Idaho country, Bull got at one time only 15yrds from him but too much brush to shoot.

Attachments

• 20200911_071156.jpg
    20200911_071156.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 167
So tomorrow is opening day and I will have the Hoyt Alpha Max 32 in hand...... sold the Halon to a buddy who says he couldn't live without it lol.

Attachments

• 7C5C690E-066E-4789-8A19-EB21C42858AC.jpeg
    7C5C690E-066E-4789-8A19-EB21C42858AC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 161
I have a Mathews no cam, the HTR model. It shoots like a dream, every time I think about buying a new bow, I can't come up with any reason to pick up a new one other than a shorter axle to axle.