What's your favorite Hot Rod?

Yes we actually used to drag race a 1/4 mile....none of this 1/8 junk
I would have loved to run my car and truck on a 1/4 mile instead of the 1/8. Neither were geared low enough to put up decent numbers but the local track was only 1/8 and after similar circumstances like Veteran with multiple tickets I had to go fast somewhere and legally!

1940 Ford Coupe...I need to do a full restoration on.

My mom has a 1959 Chevy Impala that my Grandpa purchased in 1960, swapped in a 409 and drag raced it for a while. Now it has a 305 and it a parade queen.

My Dad has a 72 Ford F100 with a built 302, power brakes/steering etc.

My Grandpa had a 1966 Ford Fairlane with the 427. They only built 57 of them. Sadly my Grandma sold it when he passed away about 15 years ago. Restored it would be worth about $250k.
My uncle had a 67 Fairlane R code with the 427.Bought it new.Nothing he raced beat him but man it loved the gas stations.
He had it dyno tested on a Clayton dyno and it went to 477 HP.The tech said this car came from Indiana and if you let me re-jet the carbs it will get more HP but my uncle said no.It raises the front end off the ground as it sits,I can't handle more HP.
I cried when he traded it.
I drove a 65 Mustang with a 289 High Performance package.It was a dog compared to my uncles big Ford

My brother had a Challenger 340 6 pak that would be crazy today! Bright cherry red, white vinyl top. His assessment of a cars potential was "if beer slopped out of pop top idling, you know its got a good cam"!

Thank goodness I drifted away from cars, I would be hunting with 22LR otherwise.

1942 Dodge truck, 340 mopar engine with 3 deuces.

Attachments

• IMG_7780.JPG
    IMG_7780.JPG
    612.9 KB · Views: 14
My brother had a Challenger 340 6 pak that would be crazy today! Bright cherry red, white vinyl top. His assessment of a cars potential was "if beer slopped out of pop top idling, you know its got a good cam"!

Thank goodness I drifted away from cars, I would be hunting with 22LR otherwise.
I actually did own a '68 Formula S Barracuda Fastback with a 340. I bought it ~'94 or so with 40k actual miles on it for $650. It had been parked in the pasture behind an old dairy barn since 1973 or 4 when the oil embargo sent fuel prices through the roof.
It was completely surrounded by tall weeds and trees had grown up all around it.
When we jacked it up to put tires on it so it would roll, the rust holes popped open. The Unibody was rusted out.
Ended up selling it for what I paid for it since at that time nobody was fixing that sort of damage.

The stories I heard around town was that it was a very fast car in its day. I wish I coulda got it going.
Funny part was it had air conditioning but manual steering and brakes!?

I actually did own a '68 Formula S Barracuda Fastback with a 340. I bought it ~'94 or so with 40k actual miles on it for $650. It had been parked in the pasture behind an old dairy barn since 1973 or 4 when the oil embargo sent fuel prices through the roof.
It was completely surrounded by tall weeds and trees had grown up all around it.
When we jacked it up to put tires on it so it would roll, the rust holes popped open. The Unibody was rusted out.
Ended up selling it for what I paid for it since at that time nobody was fixing that sort of damage.

The stories I heard around town was that it was a very fast car in its day. I wish I coulda got it going.
Funny part was it had air conditioning but manual steering and brakes!?
**** shame that......

Man those were awesome times, cruising, street racing and building fast cars... Ya know, they'll NEVER write a song about a Toyota Prius or Tesla HAHAHA!

Little GTO,
little deuce coupe,
Hot Rod Lincoln-------Bought mama a 2000 Lincoln LS back when it first came out that was a hot rod Lincoln...144 MPH on a two lane, she'd roll!
little old lady from Pasadena,
Dead mans curve,
Hey little cobra

WOW we had some great music to race those cars to as well!!!

High school car, wish I had it back now! 1967 Plymouth GTX 440... The first year of the 440, they called it the Super Commando, those were the days! Car is long gone but still have the girl so that's a fair trade!!! These old Polaroids are from 1979, dang hard to say that now LOL

View attachment 434376View attachment 434377
Very nice….I had a 1968 Roadrunner/383ci in the same color/black vinyl combo.

Building Rods is a more expensive hobby than shooting I guess but the thrill is about the same when you make that long shot and the animal drops.I love the rush!
Even tougher doing both. Wife helps with the cars.
Tom

Attachments

• A281230C-163B-4224-8CC7-6196BE7A6326.jpeg
    A281230C-163B-4224-8CC7-6196BE7A6326.jpeg
    773.9 KB · Views: 27
  • CA80018F-58DC-4F91-8777-2C9F622FECC0.jpeg
    CA80018F-58DC-4F91-8777-2C9F622FECC0.jpeg
    714.2 KB · Views: 28