Whats your favorite Boot to wear ?

I just ordered a new pair of Scarpa Fuego's Firefighters use them. Mountaineering guides also. These boots, and most mountaineering type boots by the best makers are tougher than anyone's hunting boots with better attention to real foot needs in tough steep country. You get what you pay for generally, but way too much hype in hunting boots. Mountaineering is way tougher on boots than hunting. But to each their own.

Dug this thread up to see if the Scarpa Fuego's worked out for you.

Look like great boots. I have been using Lowa boots which work great. I try to find boots without gortex for most hunting other than very wet or snow conditions.

COLD WEATHER (30 F to 15 F.)-> Timberline GTX Leather & Cordura W/ 200 gram Thinsulate (10" high) Often used with thin neoprene diver's sox Vapor Barrier Liner.

BITTERLY COLD WEATHER (10 F. to -20 F.)-> Sorel felt pacs W/ thin neoprene diver's sox for a VBL (ESSENTIAL with felt pacs)

Thin poly pro or polyester liner sox beneath the VBL sox. Change these poly sox daily!

A good balance is the solomon gtx 4d. This boot fits almost anybody well. I like them for scouting and hiking. Where they lack is in the steep hills with weight on your back. This is where the stiff soled boots come in to thier strength. The stiff soled boots are much less forgiving fit wise and this is where you run into having to try on boots to get the right fit. Lowa tibets, scars kenesis and Triolet (very stiff), Hanwag alaskan plus some newer models all make good boots. You just have to get the one that fits your feet. If you want to just buy a boot and have it be comfortable it's really hard to beat the solomon gtx 4d.

I get all my boots from Cabelas..the best boot is made in Germany called MEINDL.

As you said. I also use Meindl boots, but I am from Europe so I don't buy them fro Cabelas :). However most of Meindl boots are made in Slovenia by a company named Planika.

I also like Salomon boots specially Quest 4 forces models...

A good balance is the solomon gtx 4d. This boot fits almost anybody well. I like them for scouting and hiking. Where they lack is in the steep hills with weight on your back. This is where the stiff soled boots come in to thier strength. The stiff soled boots are much less forgiving fit wise and this is where you run into having to try on boots to get the right fit. Lowa tibets, scars kenesis and Triolet (very stiff), Hanwag alaskan plus some newer models all make good boots. You just have to get the one that fits your feet. If you want to just buy a boot and have it be comfortable it's really hard to beat the solomon gtx 4d.

Glad to hear these mentioned.I just tried on a pair at REI and they felt great.I think I'll buy them soon.
Pyro I hope you and your little partner have a great season
Tim

I listed winter boots but most posts here mention 3 season boots.

For that purpose I have Merrill Moab Gore-Tex Mids. They are light, fit well and are very durable.

For some reason Salomon boots, whether for hiking or alpine skiing, just do not fit me.

What Rocky said. I wear the insulated ones.

[QUOTE=RockyMtnMT;394373]Kenetrek. Best boot I have ever worn, and I have tried alot. I wear the uninsulated ones. Would like to get the insulated ones for when it is really cold.

You have to be willing to spend $350.

Steve[/QUOTE]

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.