What's your 6.5 PRC go to powder

Interested in this as well. Building my 6.5 PRC right now. Heard from some buddies who are having great luck with 8133 as well as H1000 but haven't tried myself. Good luck with the load dev. Looking forward to seeing more creations here.

Well, I've been using H1000 for years in my 7 LRMs so I had an 8lb'r of it when I started developing loads in 2019. And I live near the largest Berger retailer, Bruno's Shooter supply, in the country and bought a few hundred when I found a load in Aug 2019.

Plus I just bought another 8lbs from Bruno's shooters supply last month.not my luck, Not my luck, I have 156's no H1000

Seekins 24"
156gr Berger, 55.5gr RL26, GM215M, COAL 2.950, 2880 AV FPS, ES 8, SD 3. One hole if I do my part.
143gr ELDX, 57gr RL26, GM210M, COAL 2.950, 3025 AV FPS, ES 9, SD 4. .30-.40 groups.
Edit ELDX Load New ADG, Berger load once fired ADG.

Last edited:
Well, I've been using H1000 for years in my 7 LRMs so I had an 8lb'r of it when I started developing loads in 2019. And I live near the largest Berger retailer, Bruno's Shooter supply, in the country and bought a few hundred when I found a load in Aug 2019.

Plus I just bought another 8lbs from Bruno's shooters supply last month.
Rub it in, I moved away for work and miss the valley every day. They look at me like I'm some kind of expert because I shoot the 100 yard range because it's the longest I can find. Unless I can get to Quantico on one of the few weekends the range is available.

Has anyone tried LRT? if so what is the Load? my PRC loves Retumbo and RL-26 but since both have become EXTINCT i am looking for good alternative .

Not to be a PRC hater but are these loads compressed? All most all the load data that I ran across on the Hudgens web site shows a bunch of compressed loads. Was this a bad design on Hornady's part? It seem to be a really good round but I thought you don't really wont to be in a compressed load to achieve speed. It just seem that the cartridge's has a very low efficiency design if it has to be ran compressed to do something its not.

Th
I am very impressed with Vihtavouri N570 in my 6.5 PRC. I have a 31" Bartlien lefthand 5R 1:8.5 to 1:7.5 gain twist in my Desert Tech SRS-A1. 64 grains of N570, ADG / Gunwerks brass, 156 gr Berger EOL's and GM 215 primers. 2.400 CBTO / 3.082 COAL (ref). I am getting 3,265 fps average muzzle velocity, 3,290 fps average suppressed. 10 SD 25 ES, 1/2 to 1/4 moa groups.
That's some nice velocities. I burn n570 in a 6.5 Gap & 7mm stw, so I have no doubts about your velocities. The dessert tech really impresses me. I like long barrels. It seems like the perfect platform to run a 30-31" barrel and still end up being close in overall length to a standard bolt action with a 26" barrel.

Not to be a PRC hater but are these loads compressed? All most all the load data that I ran across on the Hudgens web site shows a bunch of compressed loads. Was this a bad design on Hornady's part? It seem to be a really good round but I thought you don't really wont to be in a compressed load to achieve speed. It just seem that the cartridge's has a very low efficiency design if it has to be ran compressed to do something its not.
Why do you believe compressed is a bad thing. I'd say the majority of what I reload for are compressed. Am I doing it wrong?