What's you range rates $$$?

notajeep

I'm considering paying a fee of $150/yr for a 400Yd range. This pretty much guarantees me a half day once a month. This is a private range and honestly I've never used it that much, currently about twice a year @ $25 each. I feel I should pay the dues as to not loose out on the long range. What does everyone else pay for range time? Thanks

$40 a year club membership gets me a key and use of the range with steel to 1000 yards any time I want as long as it is light out. That also gets access to the indoor hand gun and 22 rifle range.

But I have a private range out side in my back yard to shoot as far as I wishwhere i do most of my shooting and load development.

Jeff

$85 a year. I looked around here and it was the only place at the time that had longer range gongs. My friend just joined a range with a 400 yrd. setup and it was $200/yr.

My range is 60 mi. away, so a day of shooting is going to cost $20 in gas, just to put the cost of the range in perspective. There are some "free" areas to shoot around here, but they can be fairly scary on the weekends.

recent price increases took mine up to $75.00 a year. We get teh combo to teh locks on the gate, which change annually.

In addition to our NRA target range (200, 300, 400, 600, 800, 900, and 1,000 yard firing lines) .
we have steel critter targets to 560 yards and steel round targets out to 950 yards.

We can shoot when its dark, but need to let the LEOs and range office know we are going to do so in advance.

Jeffvn

I was a member of a local gun club with nice pistol rages and limited rifle ranges, 100 and 200 yards with restrictions on shooting through toobs. cost was about $140.00 per year. This year I made a small private range that is "free" for me but you need 4wd to get to. but now i have some capability to get out to several hundred yards.

the rifle range I belong to is 12 miles away . the membership is $15 per year , and you must be a NRA member . a one time $1 gets you a key to the gate . it's in a good location away from houses , so there really is no shooting hours . it is 500 meters , with steel silhouettes at 200 ,300 ,400, 500 . it also has rimfire silhouettes at 50 , 75 , 100 . it's very convenient for me , but I wish it went to 1000 . Jim

200 a year 250 to join. 1 mile away 200 yard rifle range and 7 pistol bays No steel. 18 skeet feilds and 3 sporting clays courses, 5 stand. Bar resturant and club house, 350 acres and hunting rights. Its about as good as it gets in NY.

Lots of know it alls a DB to boot.

At first thought $150 sounds a bit steep, but after thinking it over its really a pretty good deal. Slight correction to the original post, access would be 1/2 day per week limit, not once a month. I would maybe use a time or two more than I do now. Thanks everyone!

At first thought $150 sounds a bit steep, but after thinking it over its really a pretty good deal. Slight correction to the original post, access would be 1/2 day per week limit, not once a month. I would maybe use a time or two more than I do now. Thanks everyone!

So thats all you have time for or thats when your allowed to use it. I can use my club 24/7 but the bar and resturant are only open wed, sat and sun. 8am till dusk 7 days a week

Yea what you said. Limit is half a day one day a week. In the past I've gone to this range only twice a year and a closer indoor 100yd and pistol range a few additional times during the year. So I've been thinking about it and if I let my city slicker indoor range membership expire I might as well pay for the 400 yd place. Yea this 400 yard range is 30 miles from the house instead of three. However I can really work with my .308 at the longer, more expensive range. It's about $10 in gas each time instead of $10per hour. Now to throw a kink in everything I met a kid who I sold some tracers to who said I should come out to his 875yd range. So now what? Wait and maybe loose out on the 400yd range? Pay it to keep the friendship! Or try the new 875 once the last berm gets built after the weat gets cut this year.

125 a year. 50, 100 and 200 yard outdoor ranges. Archery and shotgun ranges as well. 9am to dusk. Also 24 hour access to indoor pistol. Nice club with great facilities and ranges. Steel on the 200 yard range.

Believe I just lost my 400 yd range. He has extended it to 880YD. Along with that he wants almost $1,000/year for one day a week access. So he's crazy or he figures I'm stupid. I have another range I can go to for free. However it's just a field with some metal targets along a fence row. Looks like I'll have to get a range finder, and make the best of it. Some people have more money than me, but this guy must think I've a money to throw away. Only good thing is I got to shoot the extended range once before he started talking about the rates due to the addition.

Believe I just lost my 400 yd range. He has extended it to 880YD. Along with that he wants almost $1,000/year for one day a week access. So he's crazy or he figures I'm stupid. I have another range I can go to for free. However it's just a field with some metal targets along a fence row. Looks like I'll have to get a range finder, and make the best of it. Some people have more money than me, but this guy must think I've a money to throw away. Only good thing is I got to shoot the extended range once before he started talking about the rates due to the addition.

wow thats alot of money for one day a week.

K&M precision is $750 a year but they have an awesome range with shoot house and multiple barricades and props. It's like a water park for precision riflemen.

check them out located in Florida.
Pavilion/Classroom/Props | K&M Precision Rifle Training LLC

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.