Whats Todays Thoughts On The 284?

I did a switch barrel 6 dasher and a 284 on a 700 SA. Bought some 155 HH but they're to long and take up to much case capacity, even with a Wyatt extended box. So I'll send them back and try the 143 HH. Next up is a 25-284 to shoot the 131BJ. Most of my game is shot at or under 500 yds, so I don't really need the highest BC or latest and greatest cartridges but it's fun.

I shot my first .0 group with a 284. I've been reloading 50 plus years and always read about these micro groups but never managed one myself. Mostly I would get a little trickle down my leg if I shot a .2 Last fall I shot a .071 group with an ultralight 284 I built for a friend for an upcoming sheep hunt (probably an accident but the picture gets shown a lot :) . I actually shot three .0 groups in a two week period. The planets must have been in perfect alignment in September.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.