What's the youtube equivalent of this site?

Technologist

Gentlemen,

Obviously I checked out the LongRangeHunting youtube channel. It's nice and all but it's been inactive for a while. I'm looking for a channel with hunting bullet reviews, rifle and optics reviews and discussion, maybe some wildlife photography. For the military historians, AR-15 and such there's forgotten weapons, Military Arms Channel, Iraqveteran8888 and those guys, but I've never really found a hunting/precision shooting oriented youtube channel that I can just binge watch or keep rolling in the background.

I'm having a really slow day at work...

It didn't take me long in life to learn that I like North American big game hunting with a rifle. And that hunting can be expensive, requires time (usually involves taking off from work), and that the seasons are getting shorter and shorter.

And when I am ready to go hunting I don't have a permit, etc. Well, my situation only gets worse because I prefer hunting for big rams. What can I do?

Eureka! I figured it out. Hunt when I can with my Winchester Model 70 pre-1964 rifle. And when I can't hunt with my rifle, hunt the same way I hunt with my rifle but use a movie or video camera instead. Now I can hunt areas long closed to hunting. I have been doing it this way for 62 (sixty-two) years and it works great.

Last edited:
Long Range Only has had a lot of useful and interesting videos in my opinion. The tutorial and description of hex boron nitride was especially helpful for me when I first took the plunge and started hbn treating my bullets and bore.

Long Range Shooters of Utah is pretty good. they dont have much in the way of hunting content and they don't update as often as they used to but it is fun to binge-watch all of the "milk jug challenge" videos. Rex is pretty good too.

Youtube and Google are run by vile despots these days. What would be ideal is if a social networking/video site for gun owners and hunters could be created.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.