Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

So I was at cabelas one time and I was actually there for a scope (possible) but more importantly their vacuum sealers were on sale and I walked by the gun counter where a friend was working and I casually said.... so you still have that Savage ultralight in 6.5x284??? The gun manager goes "I'll give you 15% off on it!" (Because it has an 18 or 19" barrel its not great performance but it's a nice walking gun). Sold I said.

So I get home and bring the vacuum sealer in and the wife asked So did you buy a scope yep. Its still out in the car. Hands were full carrying the vacuum sealer in. Oh cool. Ok goodnight.... and off she goes to bed. Well a couple of hours later I go out to the garage and start bringing in the rifle (in the box) well lo and behold here's the wife getting up to go to the washroom just as I am walking down the stairs to the basement. That's an AWFULLY big box for a scope.... you looking for deer on the moon are you????

BUSTED!!!!
I can beat that one. Thirty years ago I was living with a woman who really wanted to get married but I didn't want to. On Jul 30, 1993, I became the first person in the US to own the new Leica Geovid (I even wrote a letter to Jim Cabela who assured me I would get the first one and yes, he would honor the money-back guarantee). I told the UPS guy (lived in a small town back then) that when it came, to go in my back door, which was unlocked, put it there, and lock the door.

I went home for lunch. Box was there; GF was not. Took out the Geovid and started ranging. It was mind boggling for a guy who had been using custom stadia wires and even modified an old Ranging 1000 monocular coincidence rangefinder. I took the rest of the day off and ranged some cows and stuff. Came home, locked the Geovid in safe, and hopped in the shower.

GF comes home and asks me how my day went. "Fine," I said, "How was yours?"

"It was good, she said, the said, "How are the binoculars?"

"Good," I said "Why?"

"Because Cabelas kept calling this morning wondering whether they had been delivered. I finally asked, 'What is the big deal about a binocular?'" She continued. "The woman from Cabelas said these are very expensive. I asked, 'How expensive can they be?' She said, 'Fortysix hundred dollars."

Then she lifted up her left hand with her palm facing toward her and screamed, "Four thousand six hundred dollars!! Where is my f&*#ing ring?"

Can't beat that...

So the difference between the wife and I when sick is that she wants to be looked after and pampered and I don't want anyone near me. At the time the misses was living in Prince Albert and I was in Saskatoon.

Now I knew she was fighting a flu bug and I happened to see friends Friday night and I said well...I probably going to go up to PA and take care of her. Well... I didn't know it but she was talking to our friends early the next morning and they said Tim's coming up to look after you.

Well.... I had been eyeing up this Sako 300RUM in Swift Current. So I decided that I am taking off to meet up with this guy. So I call and leave a message on the old school message machine.

Hey... how are you doing? Hope your feeling better. I'm heading to Swift Current (3 and a bit hours away) to see a guy about a gun. No answer.

I hit Swift Current... hey there. Just checking to see how your doing??? Just waiting to meet this guy. No answer.

Next call. Well met the guy and bought the gun and heading back to Saskatoon.

Well finally got an answer just as I was getting back jnto Saskatoon and got a phone call. Well I got an earful as she was expecting me in prince Albert.

But I got the last laugh... I had the gun out later (maybe a half year) and she was like... oh wow that's really nice wood (it was a laminate stock but she had never seen such a thing). Its so pretty she said. Well you know what gun this is... this is your sick gun!!!

She wanted to hate it but couldn't!!!

But here is one that my dad pulled off.

So my dad's only hobby was fishing. And as a 4 year old the ONLY place I would sit still was in a boat. I had bad allergies as a kid (and later) but they resulted in me not being able to sit still if my life depended on it. BUT... put me in a boat and I wouldn't move a muscle. Plus my mom was TERRIFIED of water. Even a bath was almost a traumatic experience. But what are you going to do with a 4 year that come or high water is going fishing with Dad. So she even went.

Well my dad (unbeknownst to my mom) ordered matching Abu Garcia rods and reels. The 2 sets cost $150 in 1974 (I guess I was 6 when I got them). Well my dad brought them home and when my mom said why did you buy a 6 year old the same rod and reel my dad replied because when he grows up he is going to take mine if it's better. This way he has the same. So how much were they my mom asked... $150

What the beep beep beep beep are you spending $150 on rods and reels!!! My WASHER AND DRYER are worth that much!!!!

Apparently dad didn't live it down for a VERY LONG time lol

While we're a bit off topic……hard to believe, isn't it?

In the early '70's my first cousin was working a state hwy. dept. job, making about $500 or per month. He was an avid "hounds man" running deer in the fall/winter and fox in the summer.

He ordered a high pedigree hound out of Arkansas for $400. His wife, to my knowledge, didn't so much as "raise an eyebrow"! The majority of us will never know this experience! 😁😉 memtb

In the early '70's my first cousin was working a state hwy. dept. job, making about $500 or per month. He was an avid "hounds man" running deer in the fall/winter and fox in the summer.

He ordered a high pedigree hound out of Arkansas for $400. His wife, to my knowledge, didn't so much as "raise an eyebrow"! The majority of us will never know this experience! 😁😉 memtb
So very true!!!!

Why I'm divorced for 30 years. I don't do well with a woman telling me what I can and can't do. 😉 Please don't call your wife the boss. I'll have to conviscate your man card. 😆

Just a sec... I have to ask my wife if I can respond...

Pretty lucky... the wife treats me like a kid versus a grown adult which is good because kids these days get away with anything they want!!!

Not sure if you guts have heard about "furries" in schools? This is still blowing my mind. Now years ago I remember "furries" being singlws or couples who dressed up as animals and screwed each others brains out. NOW... a furry is a kid who dresses up each and every day as an animal. I didn't believe that this was an actual thing until a friend told me about his daughter having 2 furries in her class. One dresses up as a dog the other as a cat. So when the teach asks one of them a question, apparently the dog kid barks back. I think the cat actually answers. Apparently the cat eats her/his food off a plate like an animal. My friend DID NOT believe this until they went to parent teacher night. His wife went to the washroom and there was a litter box in the washroom. And walking out from their teacher meeting, they seen the cat and mom and my friend said that him and his wife their jaws just dropped to the ground. They had not believed it. Apparently, there were 6 "furries" in the school. And apparently you cannot fail a kid either. Even if they want to answer questions with a "woof"

Sorry... just found out about this fury schite and I'm just blown away by it.

This is the only "gun" thing that the misses bugs me about. I bought this 5 gun set to resell (as I have the pump and semi auto) from serial nos. 7 and 8. But I keep putting off giving the guy pricing to put it on the internet for sale...

Attachments

• Resized_5_-_5_Guns_on_Table_76427277481312.jpeg
    Resized_5_-_5_Guns_on_Table_76427277481312.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Resized_6_-_5_Guns_on_Table_76476513011554.jpeg
    Resized_6_-_5_Guns_on_Table_76476513011554.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 27
I can beat that one. Thirty years ago I was living with a woman who really wanted to get married but I didn't want to. On Jul 30, 1993, I became the first person in the US to own the new Leica Geovid (I even wrote a letter to Jim Cabela who assured me I would get the first one and yes, he would honor the money-back guarantee). I told the UPS guy (lived in a small town back then) that when it came, to go in my back door, which was unlocked, put it there, and lock the door.

I went home for lunch. Box was there; GF was not. Took out the Geovid and started ranging. It was mind boggling for a guy who had been using custom stadia wires and even modified an old Ranging 1000 monocular coincidence rangefinder. I took the rest of the day off and ranged some cows and stuff. Came home, locked the Geovid in safe, and hopped in the shower.

"Good," I said "Why?"

"Because Cabelas kept calling this morning wondering whether they had been delivered. I finally asked, 'What is the big deal about a binocular?'" She continued. "The woman from Cabelas said these are very expensive. I asked, 'How expensive can they be?' She said, 'Fortysix hundred dollars."

Then she lifted up her left hand with her palm facing toward her and screamed, "Four thousand six hundred dollars!! Where is my f&*#ing ring?"

Well…..did ya marry the girl or not? If so…..you got a keeper! 😉 memtb

Just a sec... I have to ask my wife if I can respond...

Pretty lucky... the wife treats me like a kid versus a grown adult which is good because kids these days get away with anything they want!!!

Not sure if you guts have heard about "furries" in schools? This is still blowing my mind. Now years ago I remember "furries" being singlws or couples who dressed up as animals and screwed each others brains out. NOW... a furry is a kid who dresses up each and every day as an animal. I didn't believe that this was an actual thing until a friend told me about his daughter having 2 furries in her class. One dresses up as a dog the other as a cat. So when the teach asks one of them a question, apparently the dog kid barks back. I think the cat actually answers. Apparently the cat eats her/his food off a plate like an animal. My friend DID NOT believe this until they went to parent teacher night. His wife went to the washroom and there was a litter box in the washroom. And walking out from their teacher meeting, they seen the cat and mom and my friend said that him and his wife their jaws just dropped to the ground. They had not believed it. Apparently, there were 6 "furries" in the school. And apparently you cannot fail a kid either. Even if they want to answer questions with a "woof"

Sorry... just found out about this fury schite and I'm just blown away by it.

This is the only "gun" thing that the misses bugs me about. I bought this 5 gun set to resell (as I have the pump and semi auto) from serial nos. 7 and 8. But I keep putting off giving the guy pricing to put it on the internet for sale...
Wow on furries and rifles !

Playtimefun, Wow on the rifles! No comment on the "Furries" story….this crap really torques me!

This new "woke" feces may be the "only" thing my wife and I agree about…..I guess that we're both racists! 🙀😉🤔😂 memtb

"Good," I said "Why?"

A man has to have his priorities right!!

I had something similar to that happen to me actually. I was dating this very high maintenance, very very expensive, but very good looking girl. She had a very good job making six figures and I wasn't doing so bad as a young engineer.
We were about a year into the relationship when we decided to take a weekend trip to Vegas. We were walking through the shops in one of the Hotels when we came to a Tiffany's jewelry store. We went in and she started looking at various things but ended up at the diamond rings. She started looking at rings that were $15-$20K. My eyes bugged out of my head and then her and the gal behind the counter started talking about a man was supposed to spend 3 months of their salary on an engagement ring. I just walked on out the store and sat down. I realized at that moment that even when I got my PE license I wasn't going to be able to afford this one. The rest of the time we were there in Vegas she was dropping hints about getting an engagement ring and getting married.
So when we get back home I took the few thousand that I had been saving for a ring and went down and bought a nice Swarovski scope and rifle. When she came over and saw me mounting the scope on the rifle she started asking where I got the money for that kind of scope. Apparently She knew Swarovski was spendy because of the crystal LOL!!!
I told her that on that trip to Vegas she had saved me a whole lotta money.

We broke up not long after that.

A man has to have his priorities right!!

I had something similar to that happen to me actually. I was dating this very high maintenance, very very expensive, but very good looking girl. She had a very good job making six figures and I wasn't doing so bad as a young engineer.
We were about a year into the relationship when we decided to take a weekend trip to Vegas. We were walking through the shops in one of the Hotels when we came to a Tiffany's jewelry store. We went in and she started looking at various things but ended up at the diamond rings. She started looking at rings that were $15-$20K. My eyes bugged out of my head and then her and the gal behind the counter started talking about a man was supposed to spend 3 months of their salary on an engagement ring. I just walked on out the store and sat down. I realized at that moment that even when I got my PE license I wasn't going to be able to afford this one. The rest of the time we were there in Vegas she was dropping hints about getting an engagement ring and getting married.
So when we get back home I took the few thousand that I had been saving for a ring and went down and bought a nice Swarovski scope and rifle. When she came over and saw me mounting the scope on the rifle she started asking where I got the money for that kind of scope. Apparently She knew Swarovski was spendy because of the crystal LOL!!!
I told her that on that trip to Vegas she had saved me a whole lotta money.

We broke up not long after that.
Love it. Reminds me of Valentine's Day commercials. I call Make Men feel guilty day. Showing guys buying their women big diamond rings. Lol! Here, here's a rose. Enjoy. I had a photo saved of a box of chocolates with a women's joy toy in it. It said if she doesn't like the chocolates she can _ herself. Even women laughed at it. I'll probably be banned now 😳

Last edited:
Gotta tell you guys this one for my missus...

So we were down in Phoenix on a winter holiday and we hit the outlet mall. And I knew that we were going to be there and I want a special citizen watch. So I phoned and said we would be there and the jewelry store ordered it in.

So we go there and pick up the watch and they had valentine day sales on... so I'm trying to get the wife to pick out some earnings etc. And she's like nope (she absolourely HATES shopping) let's go!!! And literally she was heading out the store and the manager says to one of the sales girls and the assistant manager... now I've seen everything... the wife pulling the husband out of a jewellery store!!!!

Friend and I have a little bet when we hit the range... looser has to buy the others wife chocolate!!! We have permission to practice and put better scopes on etc.