Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

I agree...not much point in a full size or compact pistol. But the real point of a .380 auto pistol IMO is a very small deep cover pocket pistol designed to fire .380 can be made smaller and lighter than one built to fire 9mm. So it allows for a smaller and lighter gun.
I'll agree to a minimum,….but I still think that with current technology, research, & the advanced sub-compact platforms out there that the 380 auto is irrelevant. This day and age though, they're probably keeping "micro-pistols" chambered in 380 rather than 9mm to prevent someone chambering a 9mm+P

I have an opinion on the body and recoil…..it's just my opinion and probably without merit!

I believe that conditioning, as in good muscle tone, helps reduce the risk of injury!

I fairy physically fit for my age, mostly from having an active lifestyle. A few years ago, I noticed that my rifle seemed to hurt a bit more from the bench and I would be more sore the next day after an extended bench session! I started a fairly disciplined push-up routine…..hoping that good muscle tone may help keep me in the game longer! I believe that it's pretty well accepted that competitive athletes spend a lot of time working out and stretching to mitigate injuries!

Perhaps this helps explain why many of us older folks walk away from the heavy recoil stuff and seem to end up with injuries!

Just a thought! memtb
Some good thoughts here, especially about us, "Old Folks" I am definitely old, :confused: but that is not so bad providing one took care of oneself along the way. What some do not seem to understand is that human shoulders are not designed to absorb recoil. Thus the first time one shoots a rifle it begins a long journey to shoulder issues. The more you subject the shoulder to recoil the more that is gets damaged, a little here, a little there. For me the 30-06 in a bolt action rifle was beginning to be somewhat uncomfortable many years ago, while a M1 chambered in 30-06 was not an issue. Much to be said about the ability of a semi automatic action to attenuate recoil. Over my military career I shot over 100,000 rounds through an M14 in both training and competition. My Winchester Model 70 had more recoil than the M14 simply because of the weight difference and the recoil absorbing of the semi automatic action. While the Model 70 wasn't all that uncomfortable there was a big difference in the felt recoil between the two rifles. Early in my shooting career, which started as a teenager buying my first center fire rifle, a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington, a recoil step up from my trusty Winchester Model 74 .22 and Stevens 87A 20 ga shotgun I learned, primarily from the Marlin...If it hurts to shoot it find a way to mitigate it hurting you. For the Marlin in the early 60's that was a washcloth folded over and held under a bra strap holding it in place. It wasn't very pretty, but it worked. Another thing is to hold the butt of the rifle stock HARD into your shoulder. A loose butt results in instant pain not soon to be forgotten. Each and every time you pull the trigger and the rifle recoils it's another step closer to shoulder issues. The harder the recoil the faster it's going to happen, and it will eventually happen to those that choose to ignore recoil. It will eventually come back and bite you...in the shoulder so it should not come as a surprise when the Doc says, you need shoulder surgery. o_O

This was a great question & the number of responses prove it. Answers should all be tolerable since it asked for opinions, not necessarily facts. Good job!👍
OK. the challenge was too great. I do not have any use for the .380. There I have said it and this is based on lessons learned while I was young and naive and learned that a .380 isn't much better than a .22. Long story here. o_O

while I was young and naive and learned that a .380 isn't much better than a .22.
Seems like a lot of hate the last couple pages towards the 380. Yes the newer 9's are close in size but I purchased my 380 LCP years ago when if you wanted small you went 380.. With today's self defense ammo the 380 is a much better performer.

I can't believe people are "into the Creedmoor"

In all seriousness the op is asking for a 600m hunting rifle not something chambered in a target cartridge round.

7mm-08 as a minimum. My first vote was .280ai.

I'm gonna have a .260rem before I buy any cartridge that is associated with a Man bun.
I with you on that, it's a good accurate round ! It has light recoil and is a excellent deer cartridge ! The fan base is ravenous however , touting this round as the end all be all to the shooting world . I had a guy at a local gun shop claim the it starts to out perform the 26 Nosler at 500 yards and beyond ! How do you respond to that kind of logic ? 40 years ago it was the 06 ! I think our hate comes from the nonsense we have to listen to about the rounds that have the cult following

- All the weatherbys, everything is overpriced for what you get.
- Anything Lazzeroni, the guy is a d bag
- All the acronyms; PRC, WSM, WSSM
- The sig fury, nobody is getting their hands on the fancy casings that make it special so I don't understand the hype, or the bullet choice.

I will defend the 6.5 Creedmoor till I die. Low recoil, accurate factory ammo, longer heavier bullets in a short action, and there is no better ballistically efficient bullets until jumping up to .338. It is the perfect hunting round inside 600m on medium game and down (143 eldx is my choice).

I refuse to shoot anything defined by the metric system!😂
I don't hate the 30-06, but what i do hate is all the people extolling the virtue of its variability. While I agree with the statement, I know good and **** well 99.9% of those claiming it only use one bullet for all their hunting. If they actually had loads in 125, 150, 165, 180, etc. and used them accordingly, they would indeed have a legitimate claim. Really wanting to put this mentality to use in a 308win.

6.5 Creedmoor 🙄 !!!!!
1675773342518.jpeg

"it'll out do a 308"
2 turds in the same pile

I will defend the 6.5 Creedmoor till I die. Low recoil, accurate factory ammo, longer heavier bullets in a short action, and there is no better ballistically efficient bullets until jumping up to .338. It is the perfect hunting round inside 600m on medium game and down (143 eldx is my choice).
Hmm 143 eldx has a bc of .623 vs the 162& 175 eldx in 7mm which are .631 & .689 respectively. I'd say that's better ballistic efficiency.
18389DD0-B0FA-48B2-81B3-3F40589B2FC4.jpeg
0BE31097-9FC6-4DA6-8E23-0457F5AE186F.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok after reading all posts I don't think I've seen anything mention on the cartridge that has supposedly killed more deer than any other and I just hate it. The 30-30. I just don't like the rimmed long tapered thin brass case that sends a .30 caliber just fast enough to go a hundred yards and drop like a rock.