Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Any Weatherby cartridge. They're all unneeded "magnum" cartridges.

Gotta hand it to companies though, brainwashing folks to think they need a howitzer and 3500fps is impressive. It birthed wives tales and Fudd Lore that some follow as if a religion.

Some folks tend to shoot game beyond Fudd range ....

some of them are here on the "LONG" Range Hunting website ,,

weird huh ? lol

1C497985-9602-4904-A8A7-DED3AB213DBE.jpeg

He spelled out his parameters as "25% larger and heavier, 30% larger and heavier, 35% larger and heavier makes a "significant" difference".

Well this is less than 1/2" (8.2% increase) in length and a .3" in height (7.5% increase) in height and only 1.4oz more in weight. Sorry but that's not much considering the more powerful round. I have seen plenty of folks pocket carry that pistol with shorts, tshirt and a normal belt with zero issues (as spelled out in the stipulations). The DB9 is just slightly larger than the LCP and fits the parameters laid out by Dentite. I have pocket carried an LC9s plenty of times without changing wardrobes. I have even carried it with gym shorts a tshirt. It is significantly larger and I wouldn't recommend it but the DB9 is perfect for this role. If its not right for you then fine, but it fits the parameters.

Edit: I forgot to add its also thinner than the LCP.
I agree with you, it's just marginally larger and heavier than the LCP. Good find and thanks for posting the specs.

I think that would be a great option as a very small pocketable 9mm.

.380 auto still serves a valid purpose for those that want to go just a bit smaller and lighter.

I agree. It's just a fun gun to shoot especially for nubies. Took my 5'4" daughter to a private range and only took a very few shots with my needmore and she was hitting 800 meter steel with every shot. She had only shot a rifle 3 times prior and never over 100 yds. She's hooked and the gun will be hers when I'm gone. So yes it is a good cartridge for all the reasons Calvin mentioned.

Yeah, but you forgot to tell us she's 34 and a retired Israeli sniper!

I had to learn it all by myself…..my Daddy hunted very little, never owned a centerfire rifle, nor did he handload. He did however, support me with my shooting/hunting dreams.

I had an uncle, that I saw very little, but listened to his stories and saw videos (from the late '50's early '60's) of his hunting trips out west! I was only about 5 or 6 when I saw him and a couple of his cousins reloading 30-06's. I was a gun nut even then, seeing this…..I knew what my future would be.

I bought my first centerfire rifle @ 14 (a Win. Model 88 in .308 Win.) and was loading with a Lee Loader at 15.

I shot it a lot back then, it still has the hard, plastic butt plate. I didn't know anything else. Never put a recoil pad on a firearm until around 1982ish with my first .375 H&H. It really didn't need it…..but did help some on felt recoil.

Now I shoot a rifle with much more felt recoil than that old .375…..it's got a nice, soft Pachmyar, but I draw the line at muzzle brakes! I'll either handle the recoil or take up golf, or maybe get a CM…..There really isn't much difference! 😉😁 memtb
The first center fire rifle I ever shot was my Dad's M88 308. I was 8. Pop kept saying, hang onto it....pull it in tight...squeeze it slow, and hang onto it... Scope ringed me good! He was aghast, I was hooked! I got two of those now. One , was the rifle above. Just acquired another, to be rebarreled in 243 AI. This last one brings the count of 88's I have owned to 5, I think.
But I love my muzzle braked 33XC! Makes it an absolute kitty to shoot !

This is an interesting read. Seems alot of folks don't like some of the older cartridges not remembering or realizing the powders, bullets, and rifles of the day made those cartridges great and steps forward to what we shoot today.
Seems a lot of folks don't like the newer cartridges, not realizing the powders, bullets, and rifles we have today don't happen without a market to drive innovation. R&D don't pay for itself (unless your the .223, 30-06, 308, etc. Military development). Hate what you want if that's what you do, but remember, they ALL have had a hand in making this LRH thing, a thing.
That said, I hate the 30-06. Chambered in a Winchester model 70 push feed with 'hardwood' stock that I shot when I was a youth it is my recoil measuring stick. Nothing has topped it for shooting discomfort yet, to include the 378Wby (braked).
LOL...you just described my first Model 70, 30-06, push feed and a hardwood stock. :) Yes it had recoil, but all rifles have recoil and there are ways to tame that recoil if so desired. I have owned 270, 308, 30-06 and 300WM for most of my life. Up until the 300WM recoil was and still is not an issue, however we all have out breaking points so to speak. I love the 300WM so instead of complaining about it I took steps to mitigate the recoil. Recoil pads and a good custom muzzle brake made my 300WM recoil similar to a 308, very manageable and comfortable to shoot. So my theory on recoil is that if you can't take it take steps to minimize it. Those who also choose to shoot the heavy magnums without any recoil mitigation seem to all have shoulder issues. I don't wonder why.

LOL...you just described my first Model 70, 30-06, push feed and a hardwood stock. :) Yes it had recoil, but all rifles have recoil and there are ways to tame that recoil if so desired. I have owned 270, 308, 30-06 and 300WM for most of my life. Up until the 300WM recoil was and still is not an issue, however we all have out breaking points so to speak. I love the 300WM so instead of complaining about it I took steps to mitigate the recoil. Recoil pads and a good custom muzzle brake made my 300WM recoil similar to a 308, very manageable and comfortable to shoot. So my theory on recoil is that if you can't take it take steps to minimize it. Those who also choose to shoot the heavy magnums without any recoil mitigation seem to all have shoulder issues. I don't wonder why.

I have an opinion on the body and recoil…..it's just my opinion and probably without merit!

I believe that conditioning, as in good muscle tone, helps reduce the risk of injury!

I'm fairy physically fit for my age, mostly from having an active lifestyle. A few years ago, I noticed that my rifle seemed to hurt a bit more from the bench and I would be more sore the next day after an extended bench session! I started a fairly disciplined push-up routine…..hoping that good muscle tone may help keep me in the game longer! I believe that it's pretty well accepted that competitive athletes spend a lot of time working out and stretching to mitigate injuries!

Perhaps this helps explain why many of us older folks walk away from the heavy recoil stuff and seem to end up with injuries!

Just a thought! memtb