Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

now, someone explain what's so great about the 223?
I get to shoot 100+ rounds in a range session when all the 308 Winnie Women and 6.5 Creediots are massaging their poor little hurt shoulders after shooting their requisite 3-shot group for the insta post before going back to BS'ing in the block house.

Plus it takes a man to shoot 9 mils of windage hold 🤣

I get to shoot 100+ rounds in a range session when all the 308 Winnie Women and 6.5 Creediots are massaging their poor little hurt shoulders after shooting their requisite 3-shot group for the insta post before going back to BS'ing in the block house.

THAT explains why my shoulder hurts soooo bad. I have been shooting 5 shot groups with my Creed! No denying it now...I'm a beast!

This White Claw is for you sir 🤣

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Can't say I have ever heard someone say 308 or the 6.5ManBun have that kind of recoil.

now, someone explain what's so great about the 223?
I was enjoying your post until you decided to question the 223. Almost 30 pages and there it was. What's not to like about it?
Every manufacturer has chambered it
Cheap brass
Cheap bullets
Only 26 grains of powder
SRP are available
Accurate enough out to 500
Fun to shoot
Try one and you will like it and you don't have to worry about your friends seeing you shoot it like a CM

I was enjoying your post until you decided to question the 223. Almost 30 pages and there it was. What's not to like about it?
Every manufacturer has chambered it
Cheap brass
Cheap bullets
Only 26 grains of powder
SRP are available
Accurate enough out to 500
Fun to shoot
Try one and you will like it and you don't have to worry about your friends seeing you shoot it like a CM
Oh I don't hate the 223 - I was just looking for excuses to tell my wife when I go out and by my next rifle! ;) Thank you sir!

You must hang around with a more masculine, older generation of shooters! 😉 memtb
I was always told get a 308 because it has such soft recoil. Must be the some of the same folks, who a decade ago in the AR forums, said the 6.8spc had so much recoil and the 458 socom will break your gunstock and detach your retina. Some folks need to shoot more often and something with a little more juice. And lay off the soy.
88C5F12A-2D9C-4266-A674-664A5DE5410B.jpeg
22ADEC71-F240-4B4C-ACBB-342EF09AF00D.jpeg

I have three: cheytac, lapua & bmg. It just makes me mad every time I hear it. Really only because I can't quite afford it.

If I had buffet/ gates kind a money. I'd have one of everything & multiples of most.

Never been a hater of cartridges. Besides the steel butted 10ga double barreled turkey loaded shotgun: my now removed ahole uncle handed me @ 7 years old, said just hold it off your shoulder a bit (it won't hurt so much); almost put me on my butt; spooked a rabbit with the shot, shouldered the gun, smoked the rabbit, nothing left to eat.

I will say I love the simplicity & availability of a 22lr, 223, & 308. Have fed me well my whole life.

My 2 shillings, Z

Shoot by "old guys" with .30-06s who barely knew what a muzzle brake even was and scoffed at those silly recoil pads 🤣

I had to learn it all by myself…..my Daddy hunted very little, never owned a centerfire rifle, nor did he handload. He did however, support me with my shooting/hunting dreams.

I had an uncle, that I saw very little, but listened to his stories and saw videos (from the late '50's early '60's) of his hunting trips out west! I was only about 5 or 6 when I saw him and a couple of his cousins reloading 30-06's. I was a gun nut even then, seeing this…..I knew what my future would be.

I bought my first centerfire rifle @ 14 (a Win. Model 88 in .308 Win.) and was loading with a Lee Loader at 15.

I shot it a lot back then, it still has the hard, plastic butt plate. I didn't know anything else. Never put a recoil pad on a firearm until around 1982ish with my first .375 H&H. It really didn't need it…..but did help some on felt recoil.

Now I shoot a rifle with much more felt recoil than that old .375…..it's got a nice, soft Pachmyar, but I draw the line at muzzle brakes! I'll either handle the recoil or take up golf, or maybe get a CM…..There really isn't much difference! 😉😁 memtb

I had to learn it all by myself…..my Daddy hunted very little, never owned a centerfire rifle, nor did he handload. He did however, support me with my shooting/hunting dreams.

I had an uncle, that I saw very little, but listened to his stories and saw videos (from the late '50's early '60's) of his hunting trips out west! I was only about 5 or 6 when I saw him and a couple of his cousins reloading 30-06's. I was a gun nut even then, seeing this…..I knew what my future would be.

I bought my first centerfire rifle @ 14 (a Win. Model 88 in .308 Win.) and was loading with a Lee Loader at 15.

I shot it a lot back then, it still has the hard, plastic butt plate. I didn't know anything else. Never put a recoil pad until around 1982ish with my first .375 H&H. It really didn't need it…..but did help some on felt recoil.

Now I shoot a rifle with much more felt recoil than that old .375…..it's got a nice, soft Pachmyar, but I draw the line at muzzle brakes! I'll either handle the recoil or take up golf, or maybe get a C….. There really isn't much difference! 😉😁 memtb
My dad did hunt a little but was never a gun nut. I don't know where I got this from.

First centerfire, as with half this continent, was dads old 30-30. Still love that gun. The an uncles old .303 British (minute of pie plate at 50 yards accuracy)

Then at 13 a neighbour lent me his rem pump .30-06 and I WAS HOOKED. always been a masochist. I loved the way it hit my shoulder like it meant it, the fireball at the muzzzle, the chest thumping kaboom, and the comparitively lazer flat trajectory to 300 yards.

Got my first deer with that old gun