Whats the best upgrade?

Sean H

I have a savage 12 LRP in 6.5 creedmoor. Wanting to make it more accurate out to distance. I know having good ammo tailored to your particular rifle goes a long way but after that what are some of the better upgrades? Trigger? Chassis? Better barrel?

I would normally say trigger, but the Accutrigger is not a bad trigger.

What are you using for an optic and mounts? A solid scope on precision mounts might make as much difference as anything.

What kind of groups are you getting?

I would normally say trigger, but the Accutrigger is not a bad trigger.

What are you using for an optic and mounts? A solid scope on precision mounts might make as much difference as anything.

What kind of groups are you getting?
So far im getting 3/4 to 1 inch groups at 100. Ive got a vortex viper hslr 6-24x50 but as i am dialing out the scope is getting a little fuzzy to me at higher powers. I would like a better scope but dont know what i want yet. Having a hard time between whats practical for the kind of shooting im doing which is usually all under 1000

Bedding: stock, rail, scope rings, scope. Align the scope so that lateral is centered with the barrel/POI. Bedding will assure everything is tight and immobile. Return to zero will be reliably repeatable, and if not, you can more easily identify the real problem.

My LRP in 260 was a .25 MOA shooter with my hand load. It did take some development work, and about 100 rounds to stabilize the barrel. Check your bedding screws for proper torque settings as the settings on my rifle when new were not very tight.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.