Whats the advantage of Hammer rounds ?

Haven't seen this mentioned here, but probably my favourite aspect of the Hammer's is their consistent on game performance. It doesn't seem to matter if the bullet impacts at 3500fps or 1800fps, hits a shoulder bone, spine or soft tissue, the performance is just super consistent.

I don't think I've seen a single report of a failure, or really poor terminal performance anywhere online. Try and find another bullet with that type of track record.

How incredibly true...on this forum...they are becoming almost....CULT LIKE! and twice the price of long tried and true bullets! It's becoming redundant! Shoot what you like...shoot straight,shoot true, but quit trying to sell me! Not what the forum was designed for..( at least...I hope not)
It's not a cult Skippy, Hammer Bullets are a complete game changer, To find a bullet that does the same thing no mater where or what it hits or passes through is priceless to me, And FWIW I could careless what anyone shoots I just don't have any room for Nay Sayers who have nothing but an opinion

Last edited:
So which bullet and weight would ya'll recommend for for a 7SS? I have berger 168, 175 and 180s but wouldn't mind trying out Hammers. I have not put together any 7SS yet so my canvas is pretty open.

Edit: Also powders I have for 7SS - H1000 or RL26.

So which bullet and weight would ya'll recommend for for a 7SS? I have berger 168, 175 and 180s but wouldn't mind trying out Hammers. I have not put together any 7SS yet so my canvas is pretty open.

Do you have any faster powders, How far and what are you shooting at ?

Give Steve a call at Hammer & let him know what your after & the powders available to you.
That 143 HH may run well with 26?

You all might find this interesting.

Copy on 140AH - i think that would be smokin' from the the 7SS.

From the reloading data for SS in the 175-180 range, RL26 seems to be the go to. Something different about the Hammer that I would need to use a different powder for 177s or just stick with the RL26 and Bergers?

I have the 140 Absolute Hammers sitting on my reloading bench to be tested in my 7SAUM. I'd expect RL26 and H1000 would be way too slow. I'll be trying H100v, VV550, VV540 and possibly Varget