Whats the advantage of Hammer rounds ?

But is there a limit? I have seen bullets go so fast they blow up on impact, leave a nasty wound but not lethal at all. Long ago I had some 30.06 "accelerator " rounds, they shot a 50 or 55 grain bullet, I shot a rabbit with one and the rabbit absolutely disintegrated ,
Haven't found the limit yet on the Hammers. Run the RPM's to crazy town, launch them to over 4K, bullets are still happy. They just kill harder.

Just keep an open mind and run a lighter bullet, You will be amazed I promise

Exactly! The same can be said for all mono's, if people aren't getting good performance they are shooting the wrong bullet.

Hammer and Steve kinda reminds me of the old Berger and Walt...it's nice to be able to talk to the head guy and customer service is top notch with Steve.

I am going to mention this to Extreme Range Outfitters in Saskatoon. who knows maybe it'll go somewhere....
At present I believe George's shooting shack in Toronto is the only Canadian vendor and their selection is not presently much and they seem a little "over eager" in their pricing, not just for hammer bullets but everything on the site seemed kinda steep to me. There was a discussion about this awhile back, Steve stated that they're the supplier because they're the only Canadian outfit that reached out to him (to their credit). So here's hoping more of our gun stores make that effort, especially out west in my case (I'm in Saskatchewan, much more gun-friendly place than Toronto to begin with haha). Perhaps if people like you and me put a bug in their ears…

I am going to mention this to Extreme Range Outfitters in Saskatoon. who knows maybe it'll go somewhere....
I love XRO! That and my closest local gun store, eagle firearms in Tisdale. Perhaps I'll bring it up next time I'm in there, if they even do this sort of thing. I mean they stock woodleigh bullets out of Australia, can't see why this would be too difficult

Agreed! Bullet weight and velocity are directly proportional to the energy.
Not quite, my friend.

As you know, I am a stickler for the maths.

Bullet weight is proportional, yes,

but velocity is 'squared' so it is not a direct relationship.

A little increase in mass = a little increase in energy

A little increase in velocity = a much bigger increase in energy.

Try it yourself- keeping velocity constant, if you double the bullet weight, you get double the energy. Directly proportional, like you said!

Try the inverse, if you keep mass constant, and double velocity, you get a BIG increase in energy. The change in energy is much greater than the change in velocity - this is not a direct relationship.

Not quite, my friend.

Try it yourself- keeping velocity constant, if you double the bullet weight, you get double the energy. Directly proportional, like you said!

Try the inverse, if you keep mass constant, and double velocity, you get a BIG increase in energy. The change in energy is much greater than the change in velocity - this is not a direct relationship.
And this is why accidents where "speed is a factor" are sooooo much more likely to kill someone. A vehicle moving at 124 mph/200kph has 4 times the kinetic energy in need of stopping compared to the same vehicle doing 62mph/100k. Double the speed is not double the damage, its much much worse.

on a side note I loved a lesson my physics teacher in high school gave us on why those who feel there's no need to wear a seatbelt if they're just driving around town are foolish. The limit in town is 50 kilometres per hour. Nobody in class can run anywhere close to that fast but he suggested perhaps the fastest person in class would like to run into a brick wall sprinting as hard as they could and get back to him on how that went for them. Point made.

Not quite, my friend.

Now throw BC into the equation...BC will outrun velocity every time.

Not quite, my friend.

I am fully aware of the math, my friend; I simply agreed with the statement that it is directly proportional to the energy if you increase the bullet weight and velocity. In short, the energy will also increase.