Whats the advantage of Hammer rounds ?

Please let us know this will be interesting
It will be in august sometime but I will definitely keep you posted. The only way I won't do it is if the BC is way to low to be useful to me. I need the 1800 FPS mark to be out there.

I don't think a lot of people understand that just because the BC is low doesn't mean that it's a bad bullet. It just means that you are using the wrong bullet for the application that you are using it for which would be Longrange. Not the bullets fault but it's your fault. That's why you test it to find out.

Last edited:
I just got some 124 hunter for my wife's 6.5 prc. 60 grains of re26 is running 3315 fps for a 5 shot avg. Super accurate.....3/8" group. Pretty amazing. I also order the 152 hammer. I loaded them up in a Mossberg 30-06 i won at a NWTF banquet. I've tried so many combinations of powder and bullets but it wont group any smaller than 1 ½". It was frustrating as heck. I put them on top of 60.5 grains of H4350......it shoots .3 moa. A 3 shot avg of 3093 fps. I am seriously considering taking that crappy mossberg on our elk hunt this year. Seriously! I'm a new convert to the hammer bullets. Butterbean and Steve have been instrumental with info to get this to happen. Thanks guys. Now if only a bull gets in front of my wife so she can tag her first elk l will die a happy man.....i mean die in about 50 years....lol

I just got some 124 hunter for my wife's 6.5 prc. 60 grains of re26 is running 3315 fps for a 5 shot avg. Super accurate.....3/8" group. Pretty amazing. I also order the 152 hammer. I loaded them up in a Mossberg 30-06 i won at a NWTF banquet. I've tried so many combinations of powder and bullets but it wont group any smaller than 1 ½". It was frustrating as heck. I put them on top of 60.5 grains of H4350......it shoots .3 moa. A 3 shot avg of 3093 fps. I am seriously considering taking that crappy mossberg on our elk hunt this year. Seriously! I'm a new convert to the hammer bullets. Butterbean and Steve have been instrumental with info to get this to happen. Thanks guys. Now if only a bull gets in front of my wife so she can tag her first elk l will die a happy man.....i mean die in about 50 years....lol
Don't think twice about it, Take the Mossberg, I'll be waiting on the Elk pics and the story

Ok! I'm sold. Time to get ahold of some Hammers for the 338 RUM. Darn things keep sounding to good to be true. Been thinking about trying them for too long. Time to order.

Was thinking about the 246 hammer hunter? Shooting 250 Accubonds and the fly straightest over 3,000 FPS. Or the 260s posted above. 338RUM 26 inch 5R 1-10 twist(maybe 1-9?). The slower I go the more my groups open up so the Hammers might be good.

Is there a difference in killing power between a .22lr and a .220 swift. Same size bullets but ones going faster…
But is there a limit? I have seen bullets go so fast they blow up on impact, leave a nasty wound but not lethal at all. Long ago I had some 30.06 "accelerator " rounds, they shot a 50 or 55 grain bullet, I shot a rabbit with one and the rabbit absolutely disintegrated ,

But is there a limit? I have seen bullets go so fast they blow up on impact, leave a nasty wound but not lethal at all. Long ago I had some 30.06 "accelerator " rounds, they shot a 50 or 55 grain bullet, I shot a rabbit with one and the rabbit absolutely disintegrated ,
This is an alloy solid, it won't blow up,