Whats the advantage of Hammer rounds ?

i purchased some Hammer bullets in 25 caliber 128 gr about a year ago bullets look and shoot great . i also rebarreled a rifle with a Brux barrel contour 7 , 7 1/2 twist chambered in a 257 Creedmoor ,i use custom Whidden dies that have been made to fit this rifle brass for this rifle. with these Hammer 25 caliber - 128 gr. bullets at 100 yards 5 shot groups are 3/8 sometimes smaller off my cement bench with benchrest equipment and my handloads. i have now ordered another Brux barrel ,#4 contour which will be chambered for a 257 Weatherby , barrel length will 28 inch . i plan on using 128 gr Hammer bullets for deer ,elk and wolves when i go out hunting out west ,i do have a few trips planned .

Last edited:
They are the only projectile I am currently loading and I agree with all of the accolades above.

I was not aware of Steve's loss.
My condolences to him and his family. He is as good as they get and I see no reason to buy anything else.
I was loading one gun with Hornadys but it felt like I was cheating on my wife so I stopped

Keep seeing post and ads for Hammer bullets. What makes them desirable ?

I like the fact that they're available but most of the loaders I know have a world or two supply of bullets anyway....:)

The fact that they're made in my home state I love! The people who run the company actually get customer service and what it takes to take care of their customers and that's a fairly rare commodity these days.
That's
To date I've had some that shot well and some that shot well enough pretty much the same as any other brand.

From what I hear (disclaimer I've not killed with them yet) they work very well out to 400 yards. That covers probably at least 97% of all the game taken on a yearly basis. To that, in all honesty killing just isn't rocket science, when people begin to try to make it that I know that they're file just isnt' all that thick!

Bottom line, it just isn't hard to find a bullet that will kill and kill quickly, what one needs to find is a bullet that they like and or want to use for whatever reason and to rock on with it. You only have yourself to make happy:)

I say order some and then go fill some arks, from I hear you'll not be disattisfied

I like the fact that they're available but most of the loaders I know have a world or two supply of bullets anyway....:)

The fact that they're made in my home state I love! The people who run the company actually get customer service and what it takes to take care of their customers and that's a fairly rare commodity these days.
That's
To date I've had some that shot well and some that shot well enough pretty much the same as any other brand.

From what I hear (disclaimer I've not killed with them yet) they work very well out to 400 yards. That covers probably at least 97% of all the game taken on a yearly basis. To that, in all honesty killing just isn't rocket science, when people begin to try to make it that I know that they're file just isnt' all that thick!

Bottom line, it just isn't hard to find a bullet that will kill and kill quickly, what one needs to find is a bullet that they like and or want to use for whatever reason and to rock on with it. You only have yourself to make happy:)

I say order some and then go fill some arks, from I hear you'll not be disattisfied
They will kill way past 400, We have set the light weight bullets up as 500 yard rounds but bump up inn to the middle weights and reach on out there

OK to summarize from my experience:
  1. Available
  2. Made in USA - Free state of Montana!
  3. Large selection
  4. Great Customer Service
  5. Higher velocity
  6. my favorite - jump to lands seems to be irrelevant which also helps rifles with eroded throats
  7. Easy load development
  8. Decent BC which is offset by higher velocity
  9. ACCURATE!
Other than that, what is not to like?

And let's not forget the two databases Mr. GLTaylor has compiled, posted, and continually updates, using the information supplied by real-life end-users. Almost everyday I look at either the Absolute Hammer or the Hammer Hunter spreadsheets! That's a tool you'll not easily find with other bullet manufacturers.