What's on your stores' shelves for ammo and reloading supplies?

I put this in the reloading forum as well, but I found that Cabelas has, or had as of early this morning, some 38cal Berry's pistol bullets. The other day they had some 44cal but it didn't last long. cheers.

They look like going out of business sale here .There is no primers no powder no brass . There is no ammo or very little even shotgun ammo .I asked bass proshop if them and Wal-Mart were getting any they both said no .I am fixing to form a bunch of stuff from other stuff .I make my 260 rem like That always .

I was in a LGS this weekend. They got in 15k Primers. All Fed GM Match. sm rifle, lg rifle, lg pistol. Limit of 1000 per type. I grabbed 1k sm rifle and 1k lg pistol. The sm rifle were $110 and LG pistol $77. Highway robbery but I was glad to get them. They were all gone before I paid for mine, and only a half dozen folks in the store at the time. Everyone seems to be on a treasure hunt.

I was in a LGS this weekend. They got in 15k Primers. All Fed GM Match. sm rifle, lg rifle, lg pistol. Limit of 1000 per type. I grabbed 1k sm rifle and 1k lg pistol. The sm rifle were $110 and LG pistol $77. Highway robbery but I was glad to get them. They were all gone before I paid for mine, and only a half dozen folks in the store at the time. Everyone seems to be on a treasure hunt.
It does kind of feels like a treasure hunt right now lol. Makes it fun with an edge of stress JMO.

Finally made a score today. I might be an idiot but I left the LP primers on the shelf.
C68266F5-326E-40DF-96F9-99D2A0062983.jpeg

Ha! In doing a quick search after my wonder about radiused shoulders, look what I came across:
There are several reasons that Weatherbys have a double radius. the first was that Roy Weatherby was trying to get the most velocity, and from an engineering standpoint this should help for the reasons that sable tireur mentioned. and also he believed in lots of free bore to lower pressure and allow more powder.

The freebore worked but the double radius appears not to have made any difference in the efficiency. In fact it appears to have diminished the powder efficiency compared to some straight tapered designs. When you take a standard Weatherby chamber and change only the radius shoulders to straight angles (35 to 40o) and leave the freebore and lead angle the same, it appears to improve the efficiency by needing less powder for the same velocity.

The short magnums are a good example of the efficiency of the straight shoulder angles and a shorter powder column. I have many Weatherby chambered cartridges and like them but I have not seen any improvements in throat erosion over standard cartridge rifle barrels.

Not everything in theory works like it should, so until it is proven it is still just theory.

Just a note; If the radiuses were better, the 6 PPCs and other bench rest cartridges all the way up to the Chi Tacks would all have them.
Again, I have some very accurate Rifles using Weatherby cartridges but I also have some very accurate rifles in non Weatherby cartridges
so the radiuses are more of a trade mark of the Weatherby cartridges
than anything else in my opinion.

J E CUSTOM