What's on your stores' shelves for ammo and reloading supplies?

Mostly 12 gauge and 7.62x39 when I was in last week. Couple boxes of odd cartridges like 270 wsm and 35 rem. No powder, primers and very little bullets. I think they are just ordering whatever they can to keep the shelves from being empty.

I had to do some traveling for work in the past week so I checked out a few places. The reloading store in St Louis (can't remember the name) had Accurate Magnum, and Reloader 23. Unfortunately I don't have any loads for those powders so I didn't want to spend the money on something that might not shoot.

Franklin's Gun Store in TN had a pretty well stocked wall of ammo, but nothing you really want. (Like they had 223 and 9mm but it was only brands I've never heard of)

In Story City Iowa they had a pound of 4831ssc and if I remember right, a 8 pounder of 7828. No common calibers except for 44 special, but all the uncommon stuff was in stock.

All of the gun stores mentioned said they haven't gotten a shipment of primers since at least February last year. One of them said December 2019.

Bass pro shops in Altoona Iowa had a couple cases of primers due to mismanagement. Apparently everyone thought that those cases were for a different department and no one claimed them. One guy pulled out his knife and opened a box and they were full of primers, and the guy from the gun counter opened the rest and said limit 1 per customer. I grabbed a brick of Federal large magnum primers, they were all gone in 20 minutes.

The bullets I like to use aren't really cheap; so they've been pretty well in stock this whole time. (.308 caliber Nosler 210 ABLR, 230gr ATip, .257 caliber 100 gr partition)

But I am a bit scared. The only magnum powder I have left is 8 pounds of US 869, 2 pounds of RL19, and 1 pound of 4831. I was pretty well stocked before the pandemic but since I've been loading and shooting I've completely ran out of H1000 and N570.
Did you hit the Sportsman's Warehouse and Fleet n Farm in Ankeny? They have some bullets and ammo, but nuttin for powder or primers. Running out of brass too. Have not been to that Jacobson's place in years.

Did you hit the Sportsman's Warehouse and Fleet n Farm in Ankeny? They have some bullets and ammo, but nuttin for powder or primers. Running out of brass too. Have not been to that Jacobson's place in years.
I don't live terribly far from sportsman's warehouse in Ankeny. Jacobson's doesn't have anything special but they do have some rifle powders in stock. Just nothing desirable other than the pound of 4831ssc and 7828 (Maybe SSC Maybe not Can't remember), and I'm not sure if either of those are still there or not.
the only Alliant powder they had was RL50 RL19, and some of their shotgun powder. I bought up all their RL19 a few weeks ago so there's none left of that. They also had tons of that Hodgdon 380 or something, never heard of it but everyone seems to have some for sale for whatever reason. They also had US869 but I know most people here don't like it for temp stability. I use it when I can't find anything else, and just have a chart for temp/velocity.

The last couple of wal marts I went to all have .222 rem. For quite some time they had a few boxes of 25-06 sitting there. Suprisingly the .350 legend stayed on the shelf for several months. Bass Pro had some 12 gauge steel shot turkey rounds.....for $55.90 per box.... (of 5!)

I was in a little out of the way gun shop in northern Indiana two weeks ago. They had 2 lbs of H1000 and so real other powders like H4350, H4198, unique and I believe a pound or two of W296. Prices were normal retail.

My local Scheel's has been getting some supplies in lately. I bought an 8 pounder of StaBall 6.5, 2 lbs of 4451 and 1 pound of Varget since Christmas. No primers, but I'm good on them. I haven't looked at loaded ammo in a long time, so I can't comment on that situation.

Bob

LOL....here in California because of our draconian gun laws (handguns and rifles have a10 day wait for lawful buyers and ammo checks before you can buy any) we have numerous rifles and handguns for sale at my local gun store (at very high prices which people are paying); however loaded ammo is available only if you buy a firearm; tons of projectiles for rifles and handguns; same for powders; the exception is primers....when he can get them they are about $100 for a brick of 1000. Yesterday he had small pistol and rifle primers in stock....I just have a hard time paying more for a single primer (10 cents) than a single target 9mm projectile (9 cents). Well, maybe when my home inventory is depleted..

I have a store in Michigan that has a fair amount of power, including at least 18 lbs of H1000 and 4 lbs of RL26 and Retumbo on the shelf! However, the N570 I need is on order. Go figure!

"We don't need no stinking stores!"
ammo.jpg

(Note for the youngsters- I took this quote from the Mel Brooks movie "Blazing Saddles." If you haven't seen it, see it.🤓)

I 2nd and 3rd the previous comments on Boise area stores.. even the one regarding personality of proprietor... 😁. Personally, I have quite a bit and am just looking for lead, tin and antimony for boolits. Anyone have a line on anywhere close to Boise?

I wandered into Boise yesterday for a Dr apt (last time was in November), and stopped by the two big outdoor stores and one gun shop. Wow, were the shelves bare! Each store had a lot of 300wsm ammo (20+ boxes at each store), some 6mm Creedmoor ammo and a selection of $$$ Weatherby ammo. For reloading, there were a few .277 bullets, 5.56mm brass cases, but no powder and no primers. I have not seen H-1000 anywhere for months, so that wasn't a surprise. The handguns, ARs and shotgun pickings were slim.
What's going on in your city & state?
Rick, what state are you in? I just bought a 300wsm and need to stock up LOL. I found a few boxes last week but it's super dry here in AZ.