Whats happened with Hybrids?

tbrice23

Is Berger so busy that they are slipping in QC?
Im sorting by bearing surface and I've never seen this variance in any other lot of hybrids. I've sorted 1000s of their vld and boat tails also , and ended up with complete confidence. So far out 800 out of 1200 I have .007" variance! Can't wait to see what the weight spread is. Maybe have so many that im seeing the wear and tear of the dies.

Someone please give me hope that the jackets are a lot better quality on this lot than the BS variance.!!

Attachments

• 20140119_180445.jpg
    20140119_180445.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 62
Now I can see why there are none on the shelf for me to buy.....

Anytime there is an unbalanced supply/demand situation, the possibility for QC slip-ups increases. If the manufacturer is managing it, those would be taken care of internally. One would also not expect the output of 2 or more machines to be flowing into a single batch of shipping bullets. They should be traceable back to the machine and die they were made on.

These were not on the shelves. My buddy got these three weeks ago then found out his wife is pregnant. I helped him out.

They are of the same lot. My last lot of 300 hybrids 80% was within .002".

Maybe I was too subtle, but I was suggesting the possibility that Berger was combining the output of more than 1 press which would explain the variance ? Or one is seeing something happening dynamically like a die coming loose. One has to wonder how many parts are made between samples being measured. We as a customer are also not privy to the acceptance criteria which Berger uses. If they were to publish a specification then it would be a bit more binding.

Have you contacted Berger about the lot ? If they don't know they can't fix it. They might exchange them if you tell them you are not satisfied with the quality.

I just broke these open today. Never contacted them before but I will try tomorrow.
Are you guys seeing this trend also? Honestly I've seen hornady lots with better spreads.

Noticed these two bearings. In 2 different boxes so far. Hmmm?

Attachments

• 2014-01-19 19.46.53.jpg
    2014-01-19 19.46.53.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 70
I was told the "bearings"may be the cleaning media. ?????
The gentleman I spoke with is having the plant manager call me tomorrow.

I sent pictures and explained my concerns. I'll let you guys know what happens

This is how bergers most always break down.

80 to 85% within .002"

Attachments

• 20140120_194510.jpg
    20140120_194510.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 62
I have only had one batch that I was not happy with, ever. (VLD's) It was a cosmetic issue, not weight or bearing lengths. I called and they had me send a few in for their review. Meanwhile they promptly replaced all with a new lot. I think they will take care of you. I look forward to hearing how this works out.

Jeff

I had a 500ct box that had black rings left around the bullets circumference. Also cosmetic.

I sonic cleaned them for a few minutes. All good.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.