What's faster at 100 Yards, higher or lower bullets?

Hey, this how I think it works: the faster bullet exits the barrel quicker so recoil and barrel rise has less effect. So the faster bullet hits lower everything else being equal.
I see this when I'm doing load testing. My 2 cents anyway

Take Care
Yes my 300WSM will shoot Win. Power Point (cheap) about 2 " higher than premium ammo or handloads. It is slower both 180 gr.

So to answer your riddle. Same impact if your zeroed at 100 yards with either load.

But for fun sake, the faster will be lower if you're zeroed for just one load. The faster bullet will print lower than a slower, but at 100 yards you will hardly see it.

What different velocities are you talking about ? 100fps? Won't see high or low at 100, past 150 will maybe see .1" difference, I wish you all the luck holding your rifle .1" variance. That's like saying MOA with.25" clicks is more fine tune than MIL that's. .33" clicks. Good luck holding .06" inches

What's the faster bullet at 100 yards, bullets that impact higher or lower on target? Same bullet is being used.
Thanks
I have seen both scenarios during load development, so whatever mythical answer the OP has for us its purely theoretical. I'm real life, I have seen both results with my own eyes so it doesn't really matter what theory says, it will be useless from a practical standpoint. Too many variables. Now at 400-600 yards you can shoot a ladder and the bullet will generally climb on the paper with increased velocity and you are looking for that place where increased powder and increased velocity do not increase the height on paper. That is one form of a node. That way +\- a tenth of a grain of powder or a few thousandths seating depth or temperature change will have minimal impact.

Often these days I will load a 'ladder', incrementally increasing the charge under the bullet by an incremental amount.

A true ladder test is typically performed at distance - usually at the distance one is tuning for.

Typically, the point of impact from each bullet will 'climb' up as the charge is increased.

What is interesting, however, and for me this occurs pretty consistently,

The bullet holes at the top of the ladder are not the fastest load

Usually as the maximum load is approached, point of impact will go down at the target.

This is what guys are talking about when they use words like tuning and barrel harmonics.

On heavy barrel guns, the steps on the ladder are typically smaller, but with featherweight barrels the movement can be dramatic, even at 100yd.

Hand Skills,
I am sure if you have done a number of ladder tests shooting the same bullet but with different powder charges you have also seen the bullets impact at the same point in a group even though you may have as much as 25-30 FPS difference in velocity. You know you are in the center of an accuracy node when this happens and that is a very good place to be.

Wish I cou
So to answer your riddle. Same impact if your zeroed at 100 yards with either load.

But for fun sake, the faster will be lower if you're zeroed for just one load. The faster bullet will print lower than a slower, but at 100 yards you will hardly see it.

What different velocities are you talking about ? 100fps? Won't see high or low at 100, past 150 will maybe see .1" difference, I wish you all the luck holding your rifle .1" variance. That's like saying MOA with.25" clicks is more fine tune than MIL that's. .33" clicks. Good luck holding .06" inches
Wish I could agree but in the real world it does make quite a difference. I have seen this several times over the last 20 years. I do not know the reason why but have witnessed the result. Could it be that the powder in the cheaper slower round kicks harder and is slower?

I guess I should have been clear with what I was saying. I was not talking about groups at 100 yards but groups at 1000 yards. Things are not the same at 100 and as many different people have already commented it is a crap shoot. Impacts can be higher or lower for faster fps loads depending on the barrel harmonics and release of the projectile.

At a 100 yards if outside the expected group, reason would be shooter influence .

Wish I cou
Wish I could agree but in the real world it does make quite a difference. I have seen this several times over the last 20 years. I do not know the reason why but have witnessed the result. Could it be that the powder in the cheaper slower round kicks harder and is slower?
What makes quite a difference? Not following ... just clarifying. Velocity or POI? Or my comment about dialing? Mil.vs MOA