What's boots are your daily wear to work boots?

Nicks, in the winter I switch to some insulated Danners. All leather, year around working in the woods.

I wear Redwing, Thourogood and recently started wearing Chippewa. Resoles on my Redwings are getting close to $100 a whack. I found Sierra Trading Post had some good deals on Chippewas and I bought several pair. I use Obenaufs on the leather to keep waterproof.

My hunting/hiking boots get rotated into work boots.I see good hunt boot on sale I might buy.Prob 8-10 pr good boots right now

Danners have been the most comfortable for me I used to wear redwing to my feet are picky they don't like most boots but they love danner pronghorns

I have so many boots my wife is jealous that I have as many shoes as her!! Lol!! Danner, Asolo, some high dollar customs and some cheap bates, 5.11.. My go to daily boots for the last 3 years are Ariats. 3 years 3rd pair.. Best bang for the buck right now..

Got tired of spending $240 a pair for Redwings and having the soles crap out in a year and a half. Bought two pair of Timberland boots a couple years ago (the railroad approved ones with puncture resistant soles). They've been ok but now are in the $230 range too. I don't feel they're worth that anymore.

This last time around I got a pair of Doc Marten's industrial steel toe. Reasonably priced and comfortable while walking; but break in is hell on them. They don't like to flex much in the beginning (crouching & kneeling). I figured I owed them a chance since my "good" pair of shoes are Doc's that I got in high school 15 years ago. Not much tread left on the soles but narry a stitch out of place and comfy as can be.

Wearing the Irish setters now that are like the sharptail dancers except they zip up the side instead of the back
Danners are not what they once were. Terrible soles that wear out quickly. At least these can be resolved if needed

Thanks

Buck

Casual: blundstone

Rough terrain: Danner Sierra

Redwings are good, a bit overbuilt (heavy) for me. 5.11 never again

Love Cofra for lightweight toe protection

Caulks and mucks have their place too.

I have more boots than guns, I should probably leave this place and find a footwear forum... :oops:

Edit: or change my username to Footwork...:D

Last edited:
Slip on and square toe. Not brand loyal as I've yet to find one last over a year in my field. I am kneeling on concrete a lot. Tuff Toe works wonders for those that have issues with holes on the toe box.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.