Whats an acceptable group size for lrh?

IMHO shooting high BC bullets @ 100 yards is worthless without a chronagraph. All you really find out is how fast their going and the SD. Paper plates strung out at 50 yard incriment will give you a real good idea on how far out your good to shoot to. The first shot or two are the only ones that matter, groups are fine for a prairie dog or compettion gun but a hunting gun only has to put the cold bore shot into the plate! Takes a lot more time to get it done this way but saves a lot of powder,bullets and whare on the gun?

Check out Brian Litz's book, "Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting". He has a whole chapter on "Hit Probability for Hunting" and another on "Lethality of Long Range Hunting Bullets". The book is written in laymans terms and is good reading.
Russ

However, I just discovered my burris scope is faulty. Now I have to shop for a new scope.

Spend enough money to get a scope tough enough to withstand hunting abuse and that has optical qualities that match your hunting style and needs.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.