What's a good size alligator to get full body mount?

At least Seventeen Feet. Then you get the full perspective on the size of an Alligator.
You can have a Mount with the tail in a S and the front body getting ready to stand and turning also with an open mouth.. I know a Taxidermy Guy that did his own like that.
You can get the meat out of it while they are skinning and make good money to pay for the mount. Don't let them take your meat.

Shopping for a florida alligator hunt near clearwater. Any recommendations and what length would make a nice full body mount? Thanks
Growing up in Florida I've seen a million gators over my lifetime if it ain't 10 foot it ain't worth it so anything 10 foot or larger. With that being said, I've never seen an actual full body mounted gator either.

If the man wants a full mounted gator, that's what he wants. My taxidermist has done all sorts of them, and some pretty cool versions too. Personally, I like just the head mounted, as they are great on a bar or table for a conversation piece. My dad has one on the coffee table he keeps the tv remotes in.

I agree with others, a skull mount is the way to go for me. I've only seen a few full body mounts done and they were 12 ft plus. Not sure how the gator hunting is near Clearwater but if you go inland it is better. And pulling a big gator off the bottom with a rod and reel is a workout

If this is a once in a lifetime true trophy hunt go 10' or bigger. My longest is a 10'7"….and after dealing with that I have no desire to do it again.lol. Mind you this is all going out with friends so no guides. I'm sure having a guide to take care of all the processing makes it somewhat trouble free.
Now, I usually just stick with "manageable" size gators around 6-7'. They taste better, and make better leather (at least for my skill level at tanning). Also easier to land when you're solo hunting.
Below is the 10'7". Had a local taxidermist do the head mount, and I did the skin. If memory serves me correctly they wanted $4K or something just to tan it for me?!? So I did it myself. That skin pic is off 2 years later when I was moving, still holding up pretty strong.

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpeg
    IMG_0511.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5068.jpeg
    IMG_5068.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • 57109540286__20B00C8B-2574-4949-AB4D-7836D9100757.jpeg
    57109540286__20B00C8B-2574-4949-AB4D-7836D9100757.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
If this is a once in a lifetime true trophy hunt go 10' or bigger. My longest is a 10'7"….and after dealing with that I have no desire to do it again.lol. Mind you this is all going out with friends so no guides. I'm sure having a guide to take care of all the processing makes it somewhat trouble free.
Now, I usually just stick with "manageable" size gators around 6-7'. They taste better, and make better leather (at least for my skill level at tanning). Also easier to land when you're solo hunting.
Below is the 10'7". Had a local taxidermist do the head mount, and I did the skin. If memory serves me correctly they wanted $4K or something just to tan it for me?!? So I did it myself. That skin pic is off 2 years later when I was moving, still holding up pretty strong.
Cleaning them sucks, my wife told me I couldn't bring anymore home to clean. Razor knife and ball inflator works best for me. When I had priced out doing a hide in Florida it was comparable to what you received, my taxidermist in Georgia was more than 1/2 the price to do the same work.

I have a 9 ft female. Hangs on a wall and looks good. It took awhile bc they are federally protected. Gave to taxidermist who sent to tannery who wanted to hold it bc they want to batch with other full hides.

Local taxidermy guy has a 15 foot live mounted in his shop. Guy paid for it to be mounted and when he came to pick it up just stood looking at it saying I have nowhere to put it.$2800.00 mistake by the hunter.
2800 isn't a bad price, I think i was quoted $1500-2000 to tan the hide only. It was quoted by the foot without looking at it

13 foot is a big gator. I think Fla state record is 14-15 foot range. Bunch of us from work used to get tags. It's a lottery deal here or a bid system for each wma. Getting a 13' in the boat is a pita. Trapping gators not nearly dramatic as on tv lol.