Whats a good 204 reloading recipe ?

Kelljp

I'm looking for info from shooters who have a good ground hog / coyote load to work up.
Any input welcomed.

I've had excellent results with 40 gr Hornady and 28.0 gr of win 748. Shoots very well and kills excellent. I haven't ran it over the chronograph but I'm sure it's moving along

204ruger.com
There is a lengthy thread on good loads. May be worth a look if your limited on components.
All honesty I have found the 204 pretty easy to work with. Not picky at all.

204ruger.com
There is a lengthy thread on good loads. May be worth a look if your limited on components.
All honesty I have found the 204 pretty easy to work with. Not picky at all.
That's the issue finding material.
Thanks I'll look for the thread.

I'm looking for info from shooters who have a good ground hog / coyote load to work up.
Any input welcomed.
I have 500 New Winchester brass in ,204 Ruger loaded with H335 Hogdon powder 26.5 Gr. With Sierra BlitzKing 39 Grain bullet.
They shoot very well, as good as any factory load I have used.

Any input welcomed.
I have 500 New Winchester brass in ,204 Ruger loaded with H335 Hogdon powder 26.5 Gr. With Sierra BlitzKing 39 Grain bullet. These are as good as the factory loads I have used

I too, have had very few failures with the .204 Ruger. I have found the .223 Remington a real challenge in contrast. My goal, like Bud LaRoche, is to shoot the rifle at long range and small furry tagets. I have a Shilen AR 24 inch Barrel. I like to run at 49 to 50K pressure so I can get decent brass life. I use Nosler "bagged" cases. Because they have to be seated deep, to fit in the magazine, I have chosen to focus on the 32 gr bullets in this application.

Attachments

• 204 ruger 32 VMAX 50K 49K.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 162
There are several loads that are very accurate in my SAKO 85, 204 Ruger using IMR 8208 and CFE 223. I prefer to use CFE 223 to reduce fouling. I posted my loads below. Both of these loads are below max but, as always start with reduced loads and work up. I use Hornady brass and Federal 205M primers in both loads:

- Berger 35 grain flat base bullet
- CFE 223 - 29.6 grains 3650 fps

- Sierra 39 grain Blitzking
- CFE 223 - 29 grains. 3630 FPS

I have good luck with 748 and 32 grn noc bt's in my bolt action, but am going to start with benchmark or h335 and 40 grn vmax in my ar loads for hunting coyotes. We've seen a little better killing of coyotes with 40 grn bullets.