What's a decent Custom Bolt/Receiver up to $1,500?

Could you elaborate a little more on why you like them - smooth action, rugged, strong shell ejection, good feel? etc

My Bat CT is the smoothest I have put my hands on, I haven't put my hands on a surgeon or defiance tho. Its a big ole boy for sure, but its got 33" inches of barrel hanging off of it. Only thing I'm not real fond of is when I eject a case it will sling it a little farther than I would like. There is no soft ejection like a Remington, I guess the weight of the brass makes it a little worse than normal. But overall I love it. It will not be my only Bat.

Last week, I ordered a long Defiance Rebel with a controlled feed bolt and a three position safety. The cost on it was $1545. The bolt was a $375 option. So with a standard bolt, a Defiance Rebel would be under $1200.

My Bat CT is the smoothest I have put my hands on, I haven't put my hands on a surgeon or defiance tho. Its a big ole boy for sure, but its got 33" inches of barrel hanging off of it. Only thing I'm not real fond of is when I eject a case it will sling it a little farther than I would like. There is no soft ejection like a Remington, I guess the weight of the brass makes it a little worse than normal. But overall I love it. It will not be my only Bat.

33" inch barrel - that's a beast!
Hmmm that's interesting in regards to the ejection - any chance of posting a vid of it cycling (loading and ejecting)? Sounds like a good action

I have a number of different ones but like the Bighorn action the best. feels and shoots like the Mercedes-Benz of actions. just my own objective opinion.

Kirby Allen's Raptor action.

I almost hate to suggest this because the man is so busy now,
but check out the specs on his website.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.