What'll you be carrying for spring bear?

A person on here or elswhere had a 338 NM in that type pistol platform.They are compact and can achieve great accuracy as Ernie on here shoots out past 1000 on a regular basis.I may have one at some time ,YA 338NM all the way,hand cannon

Nothing about that makes sense to me. It looks amazing, but it also looks like the scope is impossibly far back for any method of shooting that my mind can conjure. Then, it looks really heavy, which seems to defeat the purpose of having a pistol like that. I'm sure my concerns are just my own ignorance, but how do you shoot it, and why? Why instead of a rifle?
I shoot it about like this...😂
5A4FF301-7C96-4902-8E3A-A38F8C64A964.jpeg

It's a rifle scope mounted back to be able to get the eye relief needed. It is heavy for a pistol, about 8.5lbs. But it will shoot 1/2 moa to 1000 fairly regularly. Why shoot it over a rifle? Anyone can shoot a rifle and I've killed a pile of bears with a rifle so why not switch it up and kill one w a pistol? It's definitely harder to shoot then a rifle so the challenge of shooting it accurately is fun

I shoot it about like this...😂View attachment 273288
It's a rifle scope mounted back to be able to get the eye relief needed. It is heavy for a pistol, about 8.5lbs. But it will shoot 1/2 moa to 1000 fairly regularly. Why shoot it over a rifle? Anyone can shoot a rifle and I've killed a pile of bears with a rifle so why not switch it up and kill one w a pistol? It's definitely harder to shoot then a rifle so the challenge of shooting it accurately is fun
Okay, this thread keeps popping up on my email so I have to get involved--and y'all are probably gonna hate me. If you shoot that pistol right-handed, you get a little of the frustration that left-handed rifle shooters suffer through when reloading a weapon. Because you probably hardly ever have to reload real fast, it is no big deal. With left-hand stocks, that is a really fun gun to shoot. And it all makes sense if you ever get the chance to shoot a setup like that. Love it.

I'm left handed but I shoot the pistol right handed as the stock is not set up to shoot left. Actually I shoot all pistols RH. Reloading this pistol is fairly fast and doesn't pose any problems. Both hands are already on the pistol so it's as simple as gripping the pistol w the left hand while working the bolt w the right. I get what your saying though, but the key is not needing to reload😜.