What'll you be carrying for spring bear?

What unit did you draw for spring bear?
Pretty sure you only get 2 tags in WA. Spring is a permit to use 1 tag in the spring not another tag.
I could be wrong though.
I had 49 north last year and killed a whopper. 19 3/16 green score.

Kris
Sherman. You can have 3 this year with a spring tag. 1 of them has to be taken from the west side. I will fill that one through M&D Quinault Guide Service. He has some great blondes over there.

Sherman. You can have 3 this year with a spring tag. 1 of them has to be taken from the west side. I will fill that one through M&D Quinault Guide Service. He has some great blondes over there.
Good to know.

I live on the west side. I really like the looks of that Sherman unit. I'm planning to get to know it a bit better.
It was one of my pics for this year but with no points I didn't stand a chance of drawing any.
I'm gonna try to make a few trips to Idaho for spring bear in a few weeks.

Kris

Good to know.

I live on the west side. I really like the looks of that Sherman unit. I'm planning to get to know it a bit better.
It was one of my pics for this year but with no points I didn't stand a chance of drawing any.
I'm gonna try to make a few trips to Idaho for spring bear in a few weeks.

Kris
I also hunt Idaho. Bear and Cougars. Baiting and dogs are allowed there.

A 270 with 140ABs was used on the first two bears. A 270 w/150 BTs was used on the third bear. All were from last week on a spot and stock Idaho hunt. EB33B080-BAAD-4CE3-B47A-FAE83ED4C3F5.jpeg9511F250-CE06-439A-8995-E517815BABA5.jpeg6E05D253-1041-43E6-9EA2-6D0F1CB99761.jpeg

My bear rig for this spring View attachment 272619
Nothing about that makes sense to me. It looks amazing, but it also looks like the scope is impossibly far back for any method of shooting that my mind can conjure. Then, it looks really heavy, which seems to defeat the purpose of having a pistol like that. I'm sure my concerns are just my own ignorance, but how do you shoot it, and why? Why instead of a rifle?

Recent Posts