Whatever became of Redfield?

jski

I know that Redfield is now owned by Leupold. But way back when I was a wee pup, the Redfield Widefield was as well regarded as a Leupold. Are they now the "Schwinn" of the gun world, a cheaply manufactured (in China) discount scope sold at low-end megastores, e.g., WalMart?

Ckgworks

Pretty much! I haven't been impressed by the ones I have looked at. I still have a widefield 3x9, still going strong! Sad, but I guess this is what happens when companies lose innovation and relay on what sold in the past!

just country

morning, I thought redfield was bought by weaver? I still use the
6-18 and 4x12 five star. gbot tum.

Hatrick

It was owned by huge conglomerates, and the brand suffered. No longer was the Redfield name held in high esteem as it was in years past, and the scope line finally died out. Last year, Leupold & Stevens bought the Redfield name, and are now producing Redfield scopes in their Beaverton, Oregon plant.Dec 1, 2009

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.