What would you pack for a day hunt?

Good luck finding said TP. For real though a small first aid kit , 2 good knives small hatchet. I generally have a book or magazine thrown in the back pack for when I get bored . I'd second the two way radio also and even though your that close to camp a map and compass. Some para cord for possible help field dressing it makes a easy job even easier. Deer drag for sure. Snacks drinks and 4 rounds of ammo and said firearm . Whatever layering clothes system you do, extra socks at least 2 pair . And a good pair of shooting /walking sticks. With that in your pack you'd be good for a day long sit / still hunt

Wet wipes either regular or the expensive scent free ones if you so desire...
well I guess it can happen, go for it. I always trust my skill so that it doesn't happen. been outdoors all my life, always anticipate what will happen next so I can Avoid mistakes.

Plan for the worst, pray for the best... that way when the prayers don't work at least you have prep to fall back on.

to each their own. I pack what is needed to be comfortable. Ive been out all night looking for clients and hunters that weren't. Me, I have what I need. Knife, license, tags, lighter, wipes, rope, headlight, inreach, binos, rifle, lrfs, phone for app or comms, ammo, water bladder, water filter if needed, food for a day, back pack. Clothes, this all personal preference. Hat, gloves, light rain jacket, layers, only what is needed for potential overnight even if uncomfortable. I can build a shelter if capable.
I live in the mountains and I don't pack anything but Gun Knife a little water maybe. usually have a creek in the mountains, don't need to pack extra stuff

I've always hunted whitetail within a quarter mile of the cabin. Close enough it's easy to come back in when things seem dead. My cousin got married and has step kids now, so now there's competition for all the close spots. I've got a few spots a mile plus into the woods scouted out, but now I need to figure out what to take with me since it'll be more worth it to stay out all day.

Generally I'm figuring snacks, hydration, first aid, rain gear, extra warm layer, field dressing kit. Am I missing anything obvious? Eastern Oklahoma by the way.

I've always hunted whitetail within a quarter mile of the cabin. Close enough it's easy to come back in when things seem dead. My cousin got married and has step kids now, so now there's competition for all the close spots. I've got a few spots a mile plus into the woods scouted out, but now I need to figure out what to take with me since it'll be more worth it to stay out all day.

Generally I'm figuring snacks, hydration, first aid, rain gear, extra warm layer, field dressing kit. Am I missing anything obvious? Eastern Oklahoma by the way.
Fire starter that works when wet, emergency blanket, signal device (flare gun), fire source (if you are not a smoker) toilet paper (half roll). Have a plan if you have to stay/survive over night or in bad weather.

BTW, I have broken by ankle twice in the last 57 years, once when I was within 1/8th of a mile from home and once 30 miles from home and 5 miles back in the woods. Chit happens!

Don't know if you can get them in the states but a half liter kellys kettle, in alloy they weigh next to nothing and boil the 1/2 litre of water in about 3 minutes. Use your ingenuity for water, fuel and ignition. Let the water boil for a few minutes and it'll be sterile.
Don't know if you have the app "what 3 words" over there, most of the emergency services in the UK have it. If you got it look up "yards.pace.cool" and you'll see where I sit to type - but omit the inverted commas.
Web address is what3words.com

John,
This is excellent! I was not aware of What 3 Words before. There is an app for it that makes it simple. I intend to become familiar with it. Thanks.

Bob

I take lots on my day hikes. Other guys have made fun of me for years over the size of my pack, (decades actually), but I usually bring home more than they do. My day pack weighs in at 20 pounds, plus or minus, and that doesn't include rifle, ammo, binoculars, and what ever else is in my pockets. Years ago it used to be around 30 pounds but the ultralight revolution helped a lot. I keep enough stuff to last a day or two in the mountains without suffering too badly and what all that gear gives me is confidence. If I see something worth checking out on the next ridge I can go for a better look without worrying about making it home before dark. I have fifty years experience of seeing and living the kinds of problems that can hurt you under those conditions. I really enjoy being in the mountains and as far away from the well travelled paths as I can get, and I enjoy it more when I know I have enough gear and enough gun to keep me safe no matter what happens up there.

Tp in a sealed plastic bag. Nothing funnier than a rain storm soaking it when u need to go. I carry 3 different types of fire started; matches in water proof container, lighter and a fire starter. Flash lights (I carry 2) with extra batteries.