What would you do...?

skandlus

You are at 1800ft in elevation and lets say 75-80deg F... You get dialed in at that elevation and temp and like your groups... Your hunt is at 5000ft and a cold front will move in and it will be 30-40 deg F the whole hunt. barometric pressure, I dont know... You have no time to shoot in that elevation or temp...

So, without over thinking all of this, what would you do if you wanted to make a chart and laminate it in preparation for your hunt? there is no cell service there either. 300RUM(rem700), 210bergers at 3050 fps, 6.5-20x50 VX3...

go...

You could call the national weather service for that area and see what the trends are over the course of a few years and develop your data from that information. They generally keep that information on record. That should get you in the ball park for static paper data. If you have an iphone or any other smart phone, you can download a ballistics app. They will allow you to manually input your info. I carry an ipod touch that keeps my zero info, and then I can adjust for actual conditions using a kestrel 2500 and inputting that into my ipod.

Tank

The weather can be solved many ways. A kestrel is my choice. Your powder is the only
unknown, it may not produce the same pressures at lower temps. That is were you should
put your google time.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.