What we need is suppressors!

woodnut

I just decided we need more suppressor forums. I love my suppressors! There is so much anti suppressor info out there that the average guy, person doesn't know anything about them, or has bogus intel. We need to educate them! Last year, five of us shot prairie dogs in South Dakota and ALL of us shot suppressed! It was wonderful!
From the shooting line, all is very quiet. But, as you who shoot suppressors know, if the round is sonic, there is still a sonic "boom" out front. So for the game wardens, they still have a "report". So why the heck did they put the suppressor in the category they did? It's ridiculous! It's lack of intel! Suppressors are THE BEST thing to shooting since the primer and brass cases!
We need, very much, to get involved, to spread the word and educate the masses about the joys of suppressors!
And, along that line, I will tell you about my fav suppressor maker. I have a guy in Radford, Va. who makes one of the best suppressors out there. Jeff, at T& J Tactical. I just wish he would go "out there" to sell his. If you want a great, warrantied suppressor that is most quiet, efficient, talk to him. He is one of "the good guys".
I also have/know an attorney in Bristol, Va., John Pierce,Esq., who will write you a Trust for $100. and he will do any additional work for no extra charge! Super guy. Great trust.
I hope you will do your part and contact your legislators and get suppressors off the bad list. Contact the ATF and pressure them to speed up approvals. Do whatever you can to promote suppressors!

Amen to this! I have finally got the guys that I shoot with to go suppressed. An afternoon of shooting is SO much more pleasant. When someone wants to use their new-fangled brake...everyone groans and we put them way down at the end of the line :)

Do they reduce recoil as much as a brake? Nope. Will I shoot my AR, 6.5C, 28 nosler or 338 Lapua (or others) unsuppressed any more? Nope!

It has always been crazy to me that someone can buy any number of guns in a month (as they should) but something that brings the sound down to 130db requires a mountain of paperwork and 1 year of waiting. Same thought on SBR's. Just insane.

I wish it was only a year wait! I havent ordered another , but my guy who sells them is getting crazy wait times. Some almost in 4 months while others are at least a year. He heard they are working a skeleton staff so if that's actually what is going on now, good luck!
I too only shoot suppressed, from .22 to 7STW. and I groan when the shooter shows up with a loudangoboomer!

My good friend just got his "first two" cans. I got to install a scope on his .22 bolt rifle and we installed the can. I brought him some sub sonic ammo to try so we went to his garage to see what it sounds like. I think he was expecting a lot more noise so he went way around the house to tell his wife so she would not be alarmed. Opened the door and had a box sitting outside for a target. At the shot- piff- he had the biggest grin I've ever seen ! Took a long time to get the grin off!😁

My good friend just got his "first two" cans. I got to install a scope on his .22 bolt rifle and we installed the can. I brought him some sub sonic ammo to try so we went to his garage to see what it sounds like. I think he was expecting a lot more noise so he went way around the house to tell his wife so she would not be alarmed. Opened the door and had a box sitting outside for a target. At the shot- piff- he had the biggest grin I've ever seen ! Took a long time to get the grin off!😁
Here is a way to get involved. https://americansuppressorassociation.com/

I'm already a member! The NRA, which I'm a life member, isn't, IMHO, doing enough for us. Good to have ASA on our side,too.

Living in a slave state takes away far more than not having a suppressor.

If you move from NY to Texas, you can take a 20% pay cut and still be ahead.

If you're handy you can build one legally and save both time and money.

My 22 that functions with subs and is a silent as the grave. CZ quality.

cz512-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.