What we need for the AR shooters...

The follower does appear to be Delrin or something like it. Machining of it wouldn't really be too much of a chore. If I remember correctly, the sheet metal piece in the rear was spot welded and there was some significant adjustment to the feed lips.

The feed lips are bent in a bit. A friend of mine has looked at the pictures and when we both can get the time we are going to tackle this project. The follwer looks to be the hardest part. Im thinking I can get a stuck plastic one to work with a little tweeking. Another thing that might pose a problem is getting the rounds to line up with the feed ramp.

Now I know what I can use all those nasty 20 round mag bodies for! Science projects!

Willie--send me a PM--i'll send u the extra 1 i have. U also need to alter the bolt stop--here's what that looks like--
IMG_0835.jpg

When i load the cartridge in the magazine they turn slightly in response to the plastic guide strips, the last one though sits straight. It's really kind of an odd system--but it works.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.