What was the solvent that we used to clean our rifles in the Marine Corps?

LSA is a whitish yellow color with a consistency about halfway between a light grease and a oil. I used to QC the stuff for a living. You must be thinking of something else.

and what does snot look like? <g>!! When we got our first case of it, the guys all remarked that it looked just like snot. I was lugging the 28lb. hog at the time, and a guy gave me a case of it, two spare barrels, a tabacco bag full of springs & firing pins, and about one and a half cleaning kits. Put all this in my hands and a box of Home Made Cigars, then patted me on the butt and said "your new, and I'm outta here!" I carried that thing for four months till we got a new guy! Then I still had to lug the thing everytime we did a C.A. as Top didn't trust the others with it. Those were the days when I weighed 145lb. and lugged 80lb. everyday. (I wouldn't last 30 minutes now). I developed a good relationship with LSA and the hog
gary

and what does snot look like? <g>!! When we got our first case of it, the guys all remarked that it looked just like snot. I was lugging the 28lb. hog at the time, and a guy gave me a case of it, two spare barrels, a tabacco bag full of springs & firing pins, and about one and a half cleaning kits. Put all this in my hands and a box of Home Made Cigars, then patted me on the butt and said "your new, and I'm outta here!" I carried that thing for four months till we got a new guy! Then I still had to lug the thing everytime we did a C.A. as Top didn't trust the others with it. Those were the days when I weighed 145lb. and lugged 80lb. everyday. (I wouldn't last 30 minutes now). I developed a good relationship with LSA and the hog
gary

I was just being technical in my description.....it absolutely looks like snot!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.