What video camera for 1000 + yards HELP ??

setandglass

Not sure if this is the right spot to ask this but I'm looking for a video camera to video long range with, say 1000 yards and beyond. Anyone using something that works good or know what the best of the west guys use. Again sorry if this in wrong spot really didn't find a good place to post it.

It's not the camera so much...it's the lens. As Broz says you will put out some big bucks to film something at a 1000 yards and have it pleasant to view. I was interested for a few minutes until I started adding things up!

If you not concerned about HD then a canon GL2 will fit the bill quiet nicely. You can find them quiet cheap and the picture quality is great. The best of the west video Beyond Belief and several of their tv episodes were filmed with that camera. I've filmed several hunts with it and they look great. Sold mine a while back because I got tired of packing the camera weight as well as a spotting scope.

Thanks for the reply guys been looking at the canon cameras. I was looking at a refurbished about half price and lenses looked to be around 400 new.

This is a topic i'd also like to know more about. Having the ability to capture some fun on camera has been on my mind for a long time. There are some of those hunts you just want to keep; right? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's time to start digging for info.

t

Check this out ...

finish-02-look-down.gif

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f94/target-camera-video-system-update-101695/

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.