What unit in Wyoming??

I've got a few preference points for wyoming Antelope and just not sure what unit to put in for.
Never been to wyoming so really don't know what to expect or have anything to go on.
I do have membership with gohunt and have onyx and have done some research, kinda leaning toward unit 60.

Any Ideas or guidance would be appreciated

Gary

I've got a few preference points for wyoming Antelope and just not sure what unit to put in for.
Never been to wyoming so really don't know what to expect or have anything to go on.
I do have membership with gohunt and have onyx and have done some research, kinda leaning toward unit 60.

Any Ideas or guidance would be appreciated

Gary
There are abundance of Antelope in Wyoming, as long as access to public land is available there usually is some type of antelope in the area in my opinion. I.E. I applied with no points, drew a buck and two reduced doe tags. My lucky day right? Researched and decided to spend one week scouting, spending some money in the local economy. All the scouting paid off, took a dominant buck, lost both my doe tags (lesson learned) and returned home meat in the cooler. IMHO just apply, NO is free and if you don't get drawn they return your money.

Have yet to be out and about yet but -40* and record snowfall with a lot of wind has me worried a little. That and they jacked the special tag again so point creep aint gonna be your friend. A 23 or 24 tag may be your best bet?
The son in Alaska was planning on burning 5 points this year and it will be the daughters first hunting season. Even as a resident my 3rd choice a few years ago has to be my first choice to ensure a tag!

I can't speak for every part of the state but the winter kill is going to be bad in western and south / south west WY. This year. I read an article that 50% of collared antelope in a red desert herd had died by the end of January. Stats and averages aren't perfect. Also a big pneumonia outbreak in Sublette county killing hundreds. Winter range has got a ton of snow this year and it's not going away yet. Tough year on migrating critters this year.

I can't speak for every part of the state but the winter kill is going to be bad in western and south / south west WY. This year. I read an article that 50% of collared antelope in a red desert herd had died by the end of January. Stats and averages aren't perfect. Also a big pneumonia outbreak in Sublette county killing hundreds. Winter range has got a ton of snow this year and it's not going away yet. Tough year on migrating critters this year.
The same article stated that four out of five collared mule deer had died in that area.

Good information guys. If your winter has been anything like ours, I am not surprised.
I kinda live in a snow belt here in north idaho, and the snow has been relentless this year.
Until this week we had a foot and half of snow still in the yard. Quickly melting now though.:)

Gonna think pretty hard about this year and if I am going to come this year? Making a trip to Alaska this June and would still like to draw a moose tag hereo_O, been trying for several years!! We put in next month for that.

Thank you all for the insight's!!

This has been a very hard winter on Mule deer and Pronghorns. The Whitetail and Elk has faired a bit better so far, but we haven't had that last spring snow storm yet. We might get lucky and not have it this year. Curious to see how many tags get cut back.

Snowed some here today and 80% chance of snow Friday. We got maybe two inches Tuesday but it melted pretty quick.

We have ten-twelve foot mounds of snow next to the garage right now. I'll probably have to mow around it before it all melts.😁🥴

Although it is warming up we are still about 12 degrees below normal with lows in the single digits and teens and highs in the twenties and low thirties. We did have a couple of forty degree days last week and some more forecasted ahead. Beats the negative fifty wind chills we were having!

Last week was the first bare ground spots I have seen on our place in four and a half months.

Buffalo WY area.

Snowed some here today and 80% chance of snow Friday. We got maybe two inches Tuesday but it melted pretty quick.

We have ten-twelve foot mounds of snow next to the garage right now. I'll probably have to mow around it before it all melts.😁🥴

Although it is warming up we are still about 12 degrees below normal with lows in the single digits and teens and highs in the twenties and low thirties. We did have a couple of forty degree days last week and some more forecasted ahead. Beats the negative fifty wind chills we were having!

Last week was the first bare ground spots I have seen on our place in four and a half months.

Buffalo WY area.
6" of wet and heavy snow so far in Cheyenne since 3:30 pm + fog. First Day of Spring? This winter is along way from over around here.